XBOX 360

Grain

Makes me wonder if a company that races a product to market either to be first on the block or out of monetary greed, doesn't deserve this kind of reprocussion.......... IMHO......... :/

If there are problems with the system from the start then wouldn't the stores have a legal obligation to refund your money if you wanted ? I know rights vary with country / state, but in Queensland here if the product has a fault you were not aware of prior to purchase then you are entitled to a replacement, repair, or a refund - the option of a refund not being at the seller's discretion.

(Fair Trading Qld)

I know that some stores washed their hands of handling returns for iPods - saying that customers had to contact Apple directly even if the problem arose the day after purchase. Probably got away with it most of the time too - people too easily give up their rights.

Hopefully they'll have the issue resolved prior to the Australian launch.

Hey Zac, here in Canada, well at least Ontario, if you buy something and its not working or unsuitable or whatever you can return it to point of purchase for a refund or a new product. More and more stores are now offering an instore voucher for the amount of the product instead of / or an option to a refund. I guess their way of keeping the money in their pockets. :/

I know that some stores washed their hands of handling returns for iPods - saying that customers had to contact Apple directly even if the problem arose the day after purchase. Probably got away with it most of the time too - people too easily give up their rights.

They also give up their right to privacy too easily. The stores that require a name and address for "warranty purposes" are the ones that get up my nose. My receipt is my warranty. Case closed. Far too much information is being handed out for no reason. I.... will stop before this turns into a fully-fledged dummy spit.

Hey Zac, here in Canada, well at least Ontario, if you buy something and its not working or unsuitable or whatever you can return it to point of purchase for a refund or a new product. More and more stores are now offering an instore voucher for the amount of the product instead of / or an option to a refund. I guess their way of keeping the money in their pockets. :/

Yeah, I purchased a relatively inexpensive DVD player earlier this year from Target. While I expected it to be of cheap construction, the feature set was pretty good for the price - including DivX/XviD playback. After using it for a day it went back as even the most basic XviD was badly stuttering. They initially refused to give me a refund or even exchange it on the basis that I should have know the brand identified it as a lesser quality product so should have been expecting what I got. As it played DVD's and played (using the term very generally) XviD's, then it wasn't faulty so "tough luck".

Needless to say the Manager was called and he was informed what I thought of his company's apparent policy of selling shoddy product and shafting it's customers who stood up for their rights. I walked out 5 minutes later with a full refund and an apology. :thumbup:

If everybody would do as you did, maybe the policies of stores would change, stand up for your rights and stores will back down, afterall it's our money that keeps them opened. Way to go Zac....... :thumbup::thumbup::D

one of my favourite activities is standing in a store for my rights, stick an a4 on the back of ya head with details of poor service etc, stick one on the back of your coat, one at front, and just wander around store looking at the new exiciting product range and see how fast they offer you your money back.

My mate did that at Tiny PC's when one he bought went to shite !! He tried for ages to get them to refund his money on a 3 month old PC rather than botch repair all the time.

In the end he was so pissed off he printed up leaflets and stood at the entrance to the store handing them out to their customers, the leaflet detailed all the botched repairs and failure to refund his money, inc quotes from their customer service department...... 20 minutes later after the local news interviewing him he had his full refund and an apology ! :P

My mate did that at Tiny PC's when one he bought went to shite !! He tried for ages to get them to refund his money on a 3 month old PC rather than botch repair all the time.

In the end he was so pissed off he printed up leaflets and stood at the entrance to the store handing them out to their customers, the leaflet detailed all the botched repairs and failure to refund his money, inc quotes from their customer service department...... 20 minutes later after the local news interviewing him he had his full refund and an apology ! [\quote]

amazing how the roaches run when you shine a little light on them especially if you have their names in print or in a news interview :thumbup:

Edited by polopony

;)

They're still in the dark ages over in the US - still stuffin' around with Imperial measurements.

But we like our system of measurement...... :P

12 inches... 1 foot

60 seconds... 1 minute

16 ounces... 1 pound

8 fluid ounces... 1 cup

12 items... 1 dozen

100 cents... 1 dollar

36 inches... 1 yard

2000 pounds... 1 ton

16 fluid ounces... 1 pint

12 dozen... 1 gross

60 minutes... 1 hour

50 cents... 1 half dollar

3 feet... 1 yard

2 pints... 1 quart

144 items... 1 gross

24 hours... 1 day

5280 feet... 1 mile

4 quarts... 1 gallon

4 weeks... approximately 1 month

1760 yards... 1 mile

32 fluid ounces... 1 quart

12 month...s 1 year

128 fluid ounces... 1 gallon

52 weeks... 1 year

2 cups... 1 pint

365 days... 1 common year

10 years... 1 decade

100 years... 1 century

1000 years... 1 millenium

It would be just too cornfusing if we had to try another one.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.