my log (problems)

D33ZZ

Hi trying my first backup on my 360 game followed tutorials and was going great till 28% it went like it was on standby(burner light flashing on and off ) cant eject the dvd also unless reboot, however i got errors found the log for yous to help me out on the problem . I hope its something minor but surely dont wanna waste another R+ DL blank :teehee:

Ohhh yep Im using a laptop usb2.0 to ide to the Liteon burner and dvd blank im using a Verbatim +r dl 2.4X

ImgBurn.log

Edited by D33ZZ

W 12:05:44 Failed to Write Sectors 211392 - 211423 - The semaphore timeout period has expired.

This is a communication problem with your drive. The fact that slowing your drive down to 2.4x avoided the errors pretty much confirms it. I'd suggest changing the interface that ImgBurn uses and seeing if it makes a difference. Download and install the trial version of CloneDVD from http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonedvd.html and install it. Next, reboot and open the ImgBurn settings (Tools menu > settings > I/O) and change the interface from SPTI to "ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes. Close ImgBurn and restart it. Let us know how you go.

Personally I would follow the steps Shamus outlined above and then once that is done I would then upgrade the drives firmware - there is a newer version available at:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2340

Then once the firmware is upgraded burn another DL (Verbatim only) disc but set the speed to 2.4x and then see what happens :)

Is there an enhanced host controller listed under usb in device manager?

I think I do i attached picture since my laptop doesnt come inbuilt with usb 2.0 I am using a pcmcia usb 2.0 cardbus

post-6373-1173211290_thumb.jpg

try with I/O wnaspi32 you will have this if you have Nero if not look on Nero site for it, put wnaspi32 in system 32 folder or ImgBurn folder and change i/o settings in IB

It's about all you can do to change I/o and hope. or try with a clean install to rule driver corruption etc, addon cards, enclosures are hit and miss.

oh and for DL's burns I wouldn't go above 2.4x anyway, you can see a big drop off in burn quality at higher speeds

Ifcrule1972, thought so long as u had the latest firmware, good media & imgburn :) quality of burn wouldnt be affected by speed.

Tried burning a dl verb today @ 2.4x which took over 40mins more or less. Considering 4x but would that mean the film or game

would be less likely to be read.

Hoping this question will help clear things up for D33zz as well as myself, lol

Well if you look at the Drives/Media section of this forum you can see the results yourselves, in my experience the faster you burn the lower the quality, look at Taiyo Yuden TYG03's burnt at 16x and then again at 8x, on all my drives (Pioneer, NEC & BenQ) they produce better results at 8x than 16 even on 16x TY's !

I have also found the same with the Verbatim DVD+R DL's, burnt at 2.4x you get good results across most burners, however we have seen people posting with problems when burning at 8x or even 6x ! For me, given the price of the discs I am happy to wait another 15-20 minutes for the burn.

That said your drives might be fine with the higher burn speeds on DVD+R DL's, thing is you will have to try it and see and then use DVDinfoPro to scan (BenQ and Liteon drives do this) the discs and obtain a quality score. :)

So i guess its more of a question of quality of burn vs time taken and what your prepared to live with. Whats the point then of these new drives

coming out with there 32x writes if you can stick with your older burner and just use the 8x and 2.4x speeds?

Are the dvd's that you see in shops burnt at these 2.4x write speed when manufactured?

Edited by RushOrDie

Shop bought DVD's are pressed I believe and not burnt so I don't think you can compare them. I have seen articles on DVD pressing machines etc when using Google.

As for the speed thing I guess the answer is yes - it's a personal taste thing, I am happy with burning single layers at 8x (some like TYG02/TYG03 at 12x) and DL's at 2.4x. I like the quality scores at those speeds.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.