verify data using a different drive

frankiec

Since you're already on the subject, would it be possible to add a "Verify Against Virtual Image" check box in "Verify Mode"? That way we could "build" the image to verify the data on discs burned in "Build Mode" without first creating an .iso file to hard disk. I often use Imgburn to create data discs and currently I see no other way. (Please correct me If i'm wrong.)

pls forgive me and let me explain what I'm talking about.

1. I prepare an ISO image using build function (also adding it to queue)

2. I switch to write mode and begin to burn a disk

3. during writing, I can tick "verify" (I want to compare what was burned with ISO image)

So, when te disk is completed, before to start the comparisation, I would like to choose another drive.

pls forgive me and let me explain what I'm talking about.

1. I prepare an ISO image using build function (also adding it to queue)

2. I switch to write mode and begin to burn a disk

3. during writing, I can tick "verify" (I want to compare what was burned with ISO image)

So, when te disk is completed, before to start the comparisation, I would like to choose another drive.

That "verify check box" does NOT verify against the image you build in "build mode" it only verifies that the disc is readable. That is why LUK said not to build an image on the fly if you plan to do a data verify. That is what "Verify Mode" is for, just leave the "verify against image" unchecked.

frankiec, you can already do exactly that.

Ok so it's not automated, but I really don't think it needs to be.

If you want to do something out of the 'norm', it should be down to the user to do it.

Untick the normal verify option, burn, switch to verify mode, load the same image from the 'MRU' list and then verify in the drive of your choice.

As a side note, and to clear up any misunderstanding, when you verify as part of the 'Build' (i.e. when burning on-the-fly), it DOES verify against the virtual image file again (because all the info required is still available in memory from the burn).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.