CMC MAG-D04-00 Supported Write Speeds ?

Chance

Hi,

I searched the forum before I posted this but couln't find anything answering the question, I could find a confirmation though

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=3079

I have a Pioneer 111D with 1.29 firmware. So the burner supports 8x writing of +DL.

The boxes I bought are Platinum +DL which say it is 8x but media type is CMC MAG-D04-00.

However when I open ImgBurn 2.2.0.0 it reports the following:

I 11:38:55 Destination Device: [1:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D 1.29 (G:) (ATA)

I 11:38:55 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: CMC MAG-D04-00) (Speeds: 2,4x)

How come it says 2,4x and not higher ? in the link above, the BenQ burner does say 2,4x, 4x, 6x, 8x.

Could anyone please shed some light on this ?

Edited by Chance

Yeah the firmware on your Pioneer does not support speeds in excess of 2.4x for those discs.....

I have the same drive and that is the latest firmware so if you really want to burn them faster you will need to use your BenQ, that said they are not very good Dual Layer discs so you would need to stick to 2.4 at any rate and even then I am afraid you are not guaranteed consistently good burns.

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm glad to know now that Pioneer itself checks the dye for write speeds. I thought something else was holding it back. I don't own a BenQ I just pointed to that topic to support my question. [edit] I've read the graph wrong, the actual writing speed was between 2,3 and 2,6. I hate that Platinum change it to CMC thought, it used to be Ritek Dye [/edit]

Edited by Chance

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm glad to know now that Pioneer itself checks the dye for write speeds. I thought something else was holding it back. I don't own a BenQ I just pointed to that topic to support my question. [edit] I've read the graph wrong, the actual writing speed was between 2,3 and 2,6. I hate that Platinum change it to CMC thought, it used to be Ritek Dye [/edit]

the Riteks these days are really no better than the CMC MAG discs if you want DL discs then Verbatim are the only way to go :thumbup:

the Riteks these days are really no better than the CMC MAG discs if you want DL discs then Verbatim are the only way to go :thumbup:

I know, but here in NL Verbatim is VERY hard to find.

NL: as in Netherlands ? If so, try HERE in the Uk. they do ship to all of europe and even the US by the look of it .( looks like they deal with meritline)

a Highly reputable company ( no im not connected to them at all, just a satisfied customer like most Beta team members)

Verbatims seem in short supply EVERYWHERE in the EU at the moment

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.