ImgBurn Displays deleted files in "Browse for a file"

noonehere

In ImgBurn when I select File, then "Browse for a file", when I get the Open window (with File of type "All Supported Files"), if I hit the arrow in File name, I get a drop down list of every ISO I ever processed. These files are all deleted. The window itself doesn't show the files, just the File name drop down.

These are physically deleted. I searched my disk (including hidden and system files) and can't find them.

Any ideas on how to clear? I cleared recent, deleted the log, and I can't fine any references in the registry.

Any clues?

Thanks.

It's in the "file name" section of the Open file dialog. You hit the arrow and get the drop down.

It may be because of the "V"-word (Vista).

You never know what it is saving, or where it is saving. This stuff has been deleted for weeks. ANd I can't find it anywhere.

SpybotSD can clean out MRU entries, so can MRUBlaster, but I don't know if they work on Vista.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable with it and if you have Regedit on Vista...

Pick one of the names, go into regedit, do a search for the filename, keep going till you find the name in a key that includes an MRUList entry, and clear out the obsolete registry entries.

On Win2K, the relevant key is HKey_Users\...\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Explorer\ComDlg3\OpenSaveMRU\iso

I have found on 2k and xp that you don't need to adjust the MRUList entry, just delete out the ones that say:

a Reg_SZ C:\...\IsoFileName.iso

b Reg_SZ C:\...\IsoFileName.iso

(Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible if you stuff your machine. I'm comfortable using regedit to clear out this kind of cruft, but if you're not don't touch it.)

HTH.

I'll try that again. I'm pretty sure I ran it a few times since these were created.

I don't know if you've been using Vista, but there is a lot of weird stuff going in there. Sometimes I've deleted or moved a file from a directory, and used an application which was able to find and open the file I moved or deleted. For example, I moved my DU Meter log.csv file out of its directory, but OpenOffice (calc) was able to find and open it in the old directory anyway- and it was a different version (different data content) from the file I moved!

So who knows where Vista could be squirreling things away - it is truely a mystery to me. Wish I had the option to order my Dell with either XP or Linux!!!

I stumbled across a solution. It appeared that this was more than just ImgBurn - other applications did the same thing, displaying deleted files in the drop down (as well as files not within the directory).

It was just the list of Recently Used Files, even though I "disabled" the "Store and Display" recently used programs and files when I set up my new machine.

To solve, I enabled "Store and Display" and then disabled "Store and Display", and this problem disappeared.

I wonder if this is a "bug" or a "feature"? I figure, if I say don't store and display, it shouldn't store and display.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.