Copying DVD with errors

figu1973

I have this non-commercial video DVD with a few errors.

When I try to create an ISO image, I get a message like the following:

I/O Error!

[...]

Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

If tell ImgBurn to ignore these errors, will the resulting ISO image be a valid one? If I burn that image into a blank DVD, should I be able to play the movie on a common DVD Player?

I have this non-commercial video DVD with a few errors.

When I try to create an ISO image, I get a message like the following:

I/O Error!

[...]

Interpretation: Unrecovered Read Error

If tell ImgBurn to ignore these errors, will the resulting ISO image be a valid one? If I burn that image into a blank DVD, should I be able to play the movie on a common DVD Player?

if you tell it to ignore errors it will do just that but anything you burn will be missing whatever you ignored and will the disc be acceptable its your call

you should try to clean the disc with isopropyl alcahol and something really soft (I use a cleaning kit put the disc in spray with a little alcahol and a couple of turns of the crank and they're perfect) ,in the case of a scratch sometimes it can be polished with toothpaste very gently and you can also try another readed and see if that will work

You can also try and read at the slowest speed. To do this in ImgBurn, go to Tools, Settings, Read tab, enable Set Read Speed, choose 1x and click OK.

Notice that not all drives obey this command, but the ones that do will slow down to their minimum speed and you'll have a better chance of reading your data.

All of my ROM drives will auto drop speed down when the condition of the disc is poor, Witnessed it many times, I assumed rightly or wrongly that this was part of the spec of readers when they know they are struggling to read data, they just keep dropping read speed until the data has been read.

Your best bet is to clean it as advised or try in another dvd rom reader or search for iso puzzle in google if you have 2 rom drives and 1 reads bits the other does not

It seems that the solution was, in fact, cleaning the DVD :thumbup: .

After that, ImgBurn was able to read the whole disc.

As this DVD never played well on my DVD Player (it "stucks" frequently), I always assumed that there were errors on the disc (although I am aware that my DVD player is not exactly top quality...).

Anyway, thank you all for the suggestions, which are certainly useful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.