DataBurn

nissmo300

This is a longshot but I was wondering if you have any intentions to write a new piece of software for DATA cd / dvd burning. I know there are plenty out there but they are all so bloated it's crazy. If there were only something so simple and power as IMGBurn but for DATA/AUDIO. I was looking around and found a program called "Small CD-Writer". The program is brilliant but it's written in Russian and the author made no comments of doing an english version. Some fans loved it so much they took one version and translated in english. Since then the software has been updated but not the english counter-part. The best part of this software is it's extremely SMALL (321 KB).

If you decide to write something like it and called it DataBURN it's be perfect and replace NERO or other bloated burning suites. They'll be the perfect pair together. I don't know how hard coding is but this seem pretty simple and with your knowledge you can to it into something 10x better and more powerful. Here are some screens so you can get an idea of what this app looks like:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Is this something you might be interested in or is there zero chance you do something like this? I want to know if there's hope :pray:

ImgBurn can already burn data DVDs (and CDs? - I haven't done that, but I presume so). Use "Build" mode and add your files, then burn.

About the only thing it doesn't burn is Audio CDs.

Jim

In "Build" mode it burns whatever files you give it straight to disc (using "device output"). Optionally, it can create an ISO from those files, if that's what you want ("image file output").

There are other programs that will burn audio CDs, so go ahead an get rid of Nero now :) (I have never, ever had it installed.)

Jim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.