External Plextor Drive

ImNotMikeyB

Sorry to bother, little off topic, I'm sure some of you remeber my issues with burning. I think I am going to get a new drive considering my other options are exausted. Well, Doing my HW, in looking for a new drive, I find myself more comfortable getting an external drive. I trust you guys, and so I just wanted to get some feedback/opinion from you people. I am intrested in the " Plextor px-755uf ". Has anyone had any experience with this drive?

I have a HP ZD8000

P4 3.4Ghz 2Gig RAM , firewire

Thanks for any input

I like Pioneer drives. Always have. They're just...... easier. That said, the Plextor px-755uf looks like a good drive. You can find a review on it at this link. http://www.cdrlabs.com/reviews/index.php?reviewid=298

If you do buy one, do yourself a favour and be wary of installing any software that may come with it. Roxio are notorious for installing software that creates havoc - like their packet writing software. Just an opinion.

I agree about the rebadged Plextors, but I believe the 755 is the 760 without 18X burning, all else is the same. I could be wrong but I think it's a legit Premium Plextor, think the 750 was the knockoff/ripoff. Shamus is right too, the Pioneers are excellent, and a lot cheaper. I love my 112D, best DL burns I've done.

WOW! OK thank you soo much... I'm glad I asked.. If i'm paying more $$$ for plextor i'd like to get a genuine Plextor, not a re-distibuted cheap-o. So thanks -good call.(i knew I loved this forum for a reason!) I'll go research a bit more about the pioneers just mentioned (i hope their external, i really am afraid i'll screw up with housing and encloures etc.) And, yea speed is really not my biggest issue, so i'll re-evalute those other, more genuine, Plextor drives metioned as well... Thanks so much agian

Edited by ImNotMikeyB

Yea.. it appears that USB is just a little faster. USB seems to be aval. like on 90% of the drives Vs an option for i.Link (thats same as IEEE right? cause that what i'm tring to say.) There is 1 issue in this forum that metions an issue with the LH-20A1HX. He had problems copying Xbox360 games... Since i really have no intention on that, I think it's a safe buy... I'll try it out... I herd NewEgg.com was a good place to buy.. i'll try them for this... thanxfor all the help all, Hopfully, I'll be burning later this week!

Edited by ImNotMikeyB

ok confused now. Is the plextor 755 a genuine or a rebage. Seems to have the exact same features as the 760 but with a max of 16x and not 18x. If it is rebadged then what is it a rebadge of. I dont think plextor will put their name and reputation on anything that is not top rate. Im using the 755A and I just luv it. Best writer I've ever had and I tried the Sony, LG, Samsung, NEC and something that came in an HP pc and plex blows them all away

I recieved my LH-20A1HX today, and i am soo happy. I wasn't doing anything wrong after all it was my S***Y writer... ThanxLUK for your help, and everyone else. The drive is wonderful, it is burning DVD5 in less than 4 min! It is kind loud... but i do appreciate it's hum. On NewEgg someone mentioned that nero didn't work wi/ his HP laptop. This is true, the Program just hangs. I don't know why they would bundel the software with the burner if it won't work, or peraps it's just us unfortuante HP ZD8000 people plauged w/ problems. I do think it has something to do with the USB drive. There is an easy way around this however... Simply unplug the burner, prep nero for the burn on the TSSTcorp, then just before the burn, I'll plug in the LH-20A1HX, then just switch the drive in nero. Then nero doesn't screw up, however don't really use nero much, just thought i should put it out there. Anyway, thank you guys agian.

Edited by ImNotMikeyB

On NewEgg someone mentioned that nero didn't work wi/ his HP laptop. This is true, the Program just hangs. I don't know why they would bundel the software with the burner if it won't work, or peraps it's just us unfortuante HP ZD8000 people plauged w/ problems. I do think it has something to do with the USB drive. There is an easy way around this however...

as easier way is to throw the nero crap away and stick to IB :whistling:

On NewEgg someone mentioned that nero didn't work wi/ his HP laptop.

an easier way is to throw the nero crap away and stick to IB :whistling:

Amen, pass the beer please.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.