Burn on the fly & iso ok , play on wmp11 only :-(

marx

I just love this program , but got a problem .

I used ImgBurn 2.2 . 2.3 , and the last update 2.3.2 .

My OS is XP Home SP2 .

I can burn without any error on the log , both on the fly ( from build to device ) and from an iso .

Point is the final dvd ( and according to the Author' advice I' m using Verbatim dvd-R ) is not recognized by my stand alone player , a commercial Philips .

It plays only with the local player drive of my HP Pavillion dv 1000 , using wmp 11 .

Once only I been able to produce a dvd fully compatible with the philips player .

But clearly I' m not able to remake the exact procedure I followed in that lucky instance .

I guess I' m perhaps not correct in setting the folder with video_ts & audio_ts ( the empty one ) files .

S possible I wrong here ?

If so please I need help :-(

Could you please tell me how , where , when set this folder ( on the fly , by iso ....just like it to work ! ).

I'm spreading this program on the net , cause in my limited experience is the best .

Funny point is I been able to produce a single fully playable dvd and not less then a dozen wasted dvd good only on the laptop .

Don' t know what to do about this anymore , please help me .

With ImgBurn in Build mode (works for both 'Device' and 'Image File' outputs), simply add your VIDEO_TS folder and ImgBurn should detect the DVD-Video content and set things up accordingly.

Have you tried this disc on another DVD player? If it plays OK, then your Philips doesn't like the media you're using. You can try different types (DVD-R/DVD+R) and brands of media and see what works best for you. Verbatims and Taiyo Yudens are the best all the way.

With ImgBurn in Build mode (works for both 'Device' and 'Image File' outputs), simply add your VIDEO_TS folder and ImgBurn should detect the DVD-Video content and set things up accordingly.

Have you tried this disc on another DVD player? If it plays OK, then your Philips doesn't like the media you're using. You can try different types (DVD-R/DVD+R) and brands of media and see what works best for you. Verbatims and Taiyo Yudens are the best all the way.

Tnx mmalves :-)

So in build mode I' ll add a folder containing 2 files VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS ( empty ) .

Got only 1 stand alone player but I' ll ask friends to try to play some Imgburn made dvd .

I' ll be back here , hopefully to comunicate that things are fine...

PS: could you , pls , suggest what brand/type of stand alone cd/dvd player for tv works fine with Imgburn made dvd ?

I like this program so if I can fix this inconvenience I plan to stick to it .

PS: could you , pls , suggest what brand/type of stand alone cd/dvd player for tv works fine with Imgburn made dvd ?

ImgBurn generates standard DVD-Video discs, so, any DVD player should be able to read them.

What happens is that older players don't like recordable media, others prefer DVD-R or DVD+R, and so goes on. I think any new mainstream DVD player will play these discs without a hitch.

Tnx mmalves :-)

So in build mode I' ll add a folder containing 2 files VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS ( empty ) .

Got only 1 stand alone player but I' ll ask friends to try to play some Imgburn made dvd .

I' ll be back here , hopefully to comunicate that things are fine...

the cheapest players seem to play anything thrown at them ,the big name ones can be real picky. go figure

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.