Freeze at LeadIn

roller

I have a Plextor PX-755A drive and I'm trying to burn a CD image. My drive just stops after around 15seconds. The drive activity LED on my case is still lit. I've tried different media. Any idea?

I can't stop the recording, ImgBurn freezes up, and the only way is to reset the computer. Almost like the SATA bus just stops responding.

Almost like the SATA bus just stops responding.

It probably has!

As soon as it comes back to life, ImgBurn will continue.

At the moment all you're seeing is it waiting for a response. It hasn't hung / frozen, it'll just wait and wait and wait and wait....

Well I tried updating the firmware.. But that freezes things up too. T.T

However.. I set the drive to PIO mode and it seems to work now. I will see what else I can do to update the firmware, but for now I will just run it in PIO.

I dunno if it's worth mentioning.. but I just tried burning an ISO and it seems to be working fine.. just the Device Buffer is always at 94%. Never actually hits 100... (This is in PIO)

[i added a log of the previous burn]

ImgBurn.log

Edited by roller

I fixed it! I had 1.05 firmware. I had to switch SATA mode from AHCI to IDE (Legacy) to do the firmware upgrade to 1.07.

Apparently only firmware 1.06+ supports Vista... And the firmware flasher does not run if your drive is on AHCI.

Everything is good now! :thumbup:

Thanks for this great piece of software and keep up the good work!

It's a shame the controllers seem to need to be in IDE mode for optical drives to work properly.

A lot of decent PC's now come with SATA optical drives and a couple of HDDs in RAID on those same channels.

As they're using RAID, the controllers are obviously on RAID or AHCI, which in turn kills some optical drives! :doh:

Anyway, glad you sorted it :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.