Img burn Nec 3500AG Verbatim DVD-R burn error

jan.t

Thank you. I downloaded the file but got flashing error again.

The reason that I dont use service packs is that they are not compatible with hotfix 2000, an important hotfix without which I can not import from my camcorder into my editing program avid xpress dv 2.

the newest firmware is 2.1B (bee) not 2.18 like its been said you might not be able to jump from 2.16 to 2.1B try the versions before 2.1B see if you can flash 2.1A and work backwards sometimes you do get warnings saying you cant flash FW fron version such and such and you have to have other prior FW installed

the read me says 2.16 to 2.1b should be OK.

polo she downloaded 2.18 on my rec to try from 2.16 to 2.18 b4 i knew you should be able to go from 2.16 to 2.1b, non seem to work so would assume OEM drive or someone selecting wrong drive from drop down box if there is one.

Hard to say whats happening without sitting in front of their comp.

Donta ,I have an OEM drive and was able to flash it (2.1b) no problem without all the instructions from the site in your post .

If possible she could pull the drive and install in another computer and try to flash it that way I'm out of ideas why its so difficult to flash , the NEC's like the LiteOn's are about the easiest to do IMO

The reason that I dont use service packs is that they are not compatible with hotfix 2000, an important hotfix without which I can not import from my camcorder into my editing program avid xpress dv 2.

After having a quick read about this Avid I don't think I've ever seen any software that has more strict requirements. Even to the point of telling you not to use Athlon-based CPUs and then recommending HP systems instead..... which has me a little curious given the stupid way the BIOS works and the non-standard connection for IDE drives on the Pavillion systems as well as the inflexibility you have when fitting new hardware. It's an odd choice. (HP hate mode off)

Hmm... have you ever considered dual-booting your PC? You could keep the Win2K installation for your video editing and boot into XP for everything else. It might be worth thinking about.

I still get unsuccessful burns with Imgburn. After changing to the correct region I got one successful burn on a verbatim dvd-r. I can still, but it takes some hesitation and time from my nec 3500 ag burner, burn verbatim dvd-rws. I contacted the support in norway who also recommended new firmware with the explanation that my present firmware cant handle newer media:

>Please download newest firmware from: http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-3500A/. Please choose original firmware v. 2.1a.

I have so far tried to flash 2.18 and 2.1B but got flashing error. When I go to this page they say I need to download a flashing program at:

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/how2flash/

The lack of having a flashing software might have caused the flashing error before. I am a little confused as to which program I shall download for this: the commandline Binflash, the Gui Binflash, or the TDB DOS flasher? I use windows 2000 prof without service packs.

Edited by jan.t

I used the binflash and opened the original 2.1A update but got "error sending to drive", and then "error flashing firmware". Everything got stuck so I had to restart my computer. This must be a hardware problem, dont you think so? I have 3 cables connected to the dvd drive. The big flat one in the middle is connected to secondary IDE on the motherboard.

I searched and found Intel Ultra ATA Storage driver. I could not search and find incd. I right clicked the dvd drive, choose properties but could not find enable cd recording. I have recorded lots of music using this drive without any problems.

Edited by jan.t

you should uninstall the intel ata storage and try again.

I uninstalled and successfully updated my driver to 2.1A! My first burn of a movie I have had 5 unsuccessful and 1 successful burn with went great! I quickly chose a nearly one hour movie and got another error message at the end of the burn (during the verification). When I played the dvd-r in my standalone dvd player Philips 3040, it had many errors the last 15 min, the title flicked once about 20 seconds in. The errors towards the end were major pixel disturbance and audio disturbance, stop during playback for 15 seconds and continue playback. Once or twice the dvd stopped.

It is only in the verification stage I get an error message. My system hardware and or software seems very fragile and my workflow is in many steps, but I dont get any sign that my something has gone wrong in an earlier stage from the other software logs.

I tried a new burn with a 40 min movie that had been encoded and treated exactly the same way and this burn was successful. Should I leave it for a repairman or shall I try another update to 2.1B? Or is it a hardware problem somewhere..

Uninstall Intel Ultra Storage Driver will not harm my programs and files and harddrives? Can I install the Intel driver afterwards or dont I need it at all?

Jan

I have now decided to buy another burner to burn my verbatim dvd-rs, the pioneer dvdr 111. If that will not work I will have my computer repaired..

Edited by jan.t

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.