IMGBURN AND DVD SHRINK

DE2DEAS

You're a newb, so let me tell you the Number ONE rule on this site:

Do not EVER discuss decrypting/circumventing (so-called) "copy protection" for DVD-Videos or video games discs, or the software that enables one to do so, even if doing so is perfectly legal in your country. It's not in the UK (where this site is hosted).

DVDShrink's major purpose is restoring to consumer's their rights. Unfortunately like the US government and the EU, the UK government disagrees :( .

It just isn't "on" as our British cousins say; even seemingly harmless topics (e.g. news stories) should be avoided.

We only discuss the manifold legal uses for ImgBurn on this forum. (Except in the "Chat" section where pretty much anything goes outside of Rule Number One.)

Nothing personal, just wanted to let you know.

I ALREADY HAVE DVD SHRINK INSTALLED IN MY COMPUTER, WILL I BE ABLE TO SHRINK THE DVDS AFTER USING IMGBURN TO DECRYPT IT? AND HOW?

The UK doesn't have an immutable foundation for citizen rights so it'll be a bit more difficult for you people to exercise personal liberty. And since you've sold your souls collectively to the EU, like Blessed Clinton tried to do to the US population by abdicating sovereignty to the evil united nations, its going to take more effort than your progressive hearts can allow

I :( for you

I am a newbie to this forum and have a technical question that is driving me nuts. I have been backing up purchased copies of videos, family videos etc. for some time, but a relative newcomer to Imgburn. Recently we got a new desktop computer which had Vista and I decided to try Imgburn along with Shrink and DVDFab when needed. It has worked great, but now I have a new laptop with Vista and have tried to set the new laptop up to work like the desktop and can't get the option on Shrink to enable autoburning with Imgburn. Something is different, but I can't figure out what. I even went so far as to make sure I used the same exe file for both Imgburn and Shrink. It is not a really big deal, since I can still enable burning, but I like stuff to go A,B,C etc., because I am like that.

And, I am a 61 year old male and a "simpliphyle" which means I do not like to read guides that overcomplicate the process. I have read the various guides and if I were a complete newbie to the process might follow them to the letter, but have been successfully doing this for a bit and know that it is not that complicated to set up.

Bottom line question....can anyone tell me what I am missing on the new computer which does not give the Imgburn option with Shrink when you hit "backup"? Remember, I have the IDENTICAL Shrink program and the IDENTICAL Imgburn version. Thanks for helping this technically-challenged senior citizen cope.

How did you make the desktop computer use ImgBurn to burn from DVD Shrink?

Alternatively, you can set DVD Shrink to create an ISO image, which you can then burn with ImgBurn in Write mode.

@crooner

What you have on your desktop was a special release of DVD Shrink that looked for Imgburn instead of DVDD when it came time to burn...this has since been pulled from the supporting site, but may still be available via google search.

• 2 weeks later...

BRAVO!!!

The UK doesn't have an immutable foundation for citizen rights so it'll be a bit more difficult for you people to exercise personal liberty. And since you've sold your souls collectively to the EU, like Blessed Clinton tried to do to the US population by abdicating sovereignty to the evil united nations, its going to take more effort than your progressive hearts can allow

I :( for you

That would take just a bit of coding to do...

How did you make the desktop computer use ImgBurn to burn from DVD Shrink?

Alternatively, you can set DVD Shrink to create an ISO image, which you can then burn with ImgBurn in Write mode.

@crooner/mmalves:

I'm not trying to bust anybody's balls here, but we don't want to cause Lightning any grief.

He spends a helluva lot of personal time on IB and the, ah, previous prog. And he doesn't make a dime off of it.

And there are a number of sites where one can get the kind of help you're looking for.

Especially this one here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.