And the War Goes On

Movie Junkie

How is this Obama fella related to Osama? I mean are they running on the same ticket? Do they stand for blowing up the government or just getting ridda George Bush (who has to go anyway, right?) :D :D

Regards

Good question Blu, it came out a while back, don't remember the whole story but Obama's father is actually Iraqi or from somewhere over there which makes me wonder how the hell he ever got to be Illinois senator :whistling: I wouldn't doubt he's not related to Osama somehow.

I can however see bumper stickers reading "Clinton/Obama 08" and that just gives me a heart attack :boxed:

Now this sounds better Clinton/McFartfinger 08" =))

Here is information on Obama's father:

Obama's father was a Kenyan international student in Hawaii when he met Obama's mother. She was just 18 when they married. The couple separated when Obama's father left to attend Harvard University. She later remarried, this time to an Indonesian oil manager, and moved with Obama to Jakarta from when he was six to when he was ten. In his teen years he was brought up mostly by his caucausian grandparents and had questions of racial identity which according to Obama was such a problem he dealt with by snorting cocaine. Realizing that was not a path he wanted to take, he embarked on a trip to Africa to learn more about his father and his heritage. From his experiences there he created his book Dreams from My Father. After college he worked for three years with a church organization on Chicago's south side helping people cope with plant closings. He then went to Harvard Law School where he became the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review. He turned down a clerkship at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals which likely would have led to one at the Supreme Court. Instead he went to work for a civil rights law firm in Chicago and became a lecturer at he University of Chicago law school. He leapt at a chance to run for state senate when it came up and unsuccessfully challenged four term congressman Bobby Rush in a primary in 2000. He lives in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood with his wife and two young daughters. Obama is a Christian, a member of Chicago

With that background, he's got as much chance of being elected as I do.

Good luck to him though.

I'd vote 1 Shamus - tax on alcohol would be non-existent!!!!

shamusgw8.jpg

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Bush Reclaims Powers After Colonoscopy and found to be full of shit

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070721/D8QH2IG80.html

CAMP DAVID, Md. (AP) - Doctors removed five small polyps from President Bush's colon on Saturday after he temporarily transferred the powers of his office for two hours to Vice President Dick Cheney under the rarely invoked 25th Amendment.

The polyps, or growths in his large intestine, were found during a routine colon cancer scan. They all measured less than a centimeter and none "appeared worrisome," White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said.

The colonoscopy, performed at the Camp David presidential retreat, last 31 minutes. The polyps have been sent for microscopic examination to the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md. Results were expected within 72 hours. Most polyps are benign, or noncancerous. But over time, some types of polyps can grow and turn into cancer. To be safe, doctors remove all polyps and test them.

Bush invoked the disability clause of the Constitution at 7:16 a.m. EDT and transferred his authority to Cheney, who was at his home on the Chesapeake Bay in St. Michaels, Md., about 30 miles east of Washington. Nothing occurred that required Cheney to take official action during the transfer of power, Stanzel said.

The president invoked Section 3 of the 25th Amendment "out of an abundance of caution," Stanzel said. The amendment, approved in 1967, four years after President Kennedy was assassinated, had been used only twice before.

The transfer of power took place with letters Bush sent to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., president pro tempore of the Senate. Bush reclaimed the powers at 9:21 a.m. EDT with follow-up letters once the colonoscopy had ended.

The president spoke by phone before and after the procedure with first lady Laura Bush, who was in Midland, Texas, celebrating her mother's birthday. After the colon check, Bush had breakfast with chief of staff Joshua Bolten, White House counsel Fred Fielding and national security adviser Stephen Hadley.

Later, Bush played with his dogs, Barney and Miss Beazley, and planned a bike ride in the afternoon at the presidential compound in the Catoctin Mountains of western Maryland.

"The president was in good humor and will resume his normal activities at Camp David," Stanzel said.

Dr. Richard Tubb, the president's doctor, supervised Bush's colonoscopy, which was performed by a team from the Bethesda medical center.

Two polyps were discovered during a similar examination in 1998 and two more were found during a colon scan in 1999, while Bush was governor of Texas. That made the 61-year-old president a prime candidate for regular examinations.

It was the third time that the presidential disability clause has been invoked. During a screening on July 29, 2002, Bush relinquished powers to Cheney for more than two hours. No abnormalities were found during that scan. In July 1985, President Reagan had surgery and turned over power to his vice president, George H.W. Bush.

For the general population, a colonoscopy to screen for colon cancer is recommended every 10 years. But for people at higher risk, or if a colonoscopy detects precancerous polyps, follow-up colonoscopies often are scheduled in three- to five-year intervals.

According to the National Cancer Institute, an estimated 112,340 new cases of colon cancer and 41,420 new cases of rectal cancer will be reported this year. About 52,000 people in the United States will die this year of colon and rectal cancer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.