Quicker access to "erase"

A_T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm too lazy to navigate through the menus. :D Could we have an erase button on the main window which then produces the prompt "quick or full"? I use a -RW/+RW a lot.

Right click on the destination drive drop-down list, and point to Erase Disc -> Quick or Full, depending on your preference... :)

I'm too lazy to navigate through the menus. :D Could we have an erase button on the main window which then produces the prompt "quick or full"? I use a -RW/+RW a lot.

Right click on the destination drive drop-down list, and point to Erase Disc -> Quick or Full, depending on your preference... :)

And if that's too much of a bother you could get someone to do it for you. :seestars:

• 1 month later...
Most programs will auto erase / format media before burning anyway - hence why adding an optional button is pretty pointless.

The main reason for me to say 'No' though, is that it would mess up my GUI!

Yes - you are right - iits enough to erase the disc right before burning.

But the problem is:

When I say "yes" to overwrite the disc, the disc will be formatted the long way, and I don't like waiting for 40 minutes :) There should be a way to use the quick erase in that case.

Or is it possible, and I just missed a setting ?

Bye

HelAu

If it says overwrite, the disc is already formatted and it'll burn DVD+RW instantly.

Overwrite ONLY applies to DVD+RW.

If it says it's not formatted, you just need to do that once. Do it and then forget about it. Also, a 4x disc would take 15 mins (approx) to format - I'm not sure where you're getting 40 from.

If it says overwrite, the disc is already formatted and it'll burn DVD+RW instantly.

Overwrite ONLY applies to DVD+RW.

If it says it's not formatted, you just need to do that once. Do it and then forget about it. Also, a 4x disc would take 15 mins (approx) to format - I'm not sure where you're getting 40 from.

Thanks for the Info ! There are also DVD-RW at 1x and 2x available and it surely took me exactly 38 minutes and some seconds til I could proceed :)

But now I know what I have to do next time !

It's only DVD+RW that needs to be formatted. That's the only one that would take a long period of time to prepare before the write actually starts.

All other pre-write erasing is done via the 'Quick' method.

Oh and as lfc said, buy 4x rewritables! For the sake of 60pence or whatever, is there any point in NOT getting some if you do actually use them?!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.