Dual Layer only burns 50%

percerin

I just started using the program b/c Nero has a 25% success rate for my dual layer burns. My first attempt on Imgburn was a great success, and since then I've made five coasters, each with a different layer break selected.

The first layer burns and the progress gets to 50% without any trouble, then an error message comes up saying (paraphrasing) "can't find destination sector" and "check condition" followed by "Oh No!"

I've gone through the tutorial and performed all the steps, what am I missing?

Thanks for the reply.

Firmware is up to date, I downloaded the most recent update from memorex last week trying to troubleshoot my dual layer issue-- that helped with Nero, but I was still at 50% success.

The DVDs are Fry's brand GQ (Great Quality), which are my only affordable dual-layer option (15 for $16.50). I felt really good about the first DVD burned with Imgburn, it worked like a pressed DVD, no extra time or noise from my player to load. If it's just the discs I'll have to wait for the price to come down and try again, but the first burn was perfect, and the next 4 have had the exact same error come up at the layer break. Seems like I'm not doing something it needs to at least attempt to burn the next layer.

it IS your disc's thats the problem, so using cheaper ones is false economy as you waste more than you can make use of.

yours are $1.10 each , so 5 coasters plus the 1 successful one have cost $6.60 for 1 disc >_<

using verbs will/may give you the odd coaster ( say 1 in 40 odd, or even higher) but more importantly. they will still be readable in 1 years time , you get what you pay for with blank media I'm afraid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.