Seagate buys Maxtor!

dbminter

IF Seagate is smart, they'll shutter Maxtor's stuff. :lol: My only experience with them has been in Compaq machines. And, one that I had died within 30 days. I know some like Maxtor, but, I've yet to have a problem with any Seagates, even one I bought in 2002. That one is now only not used because I can't really mix SATA and PATA without some kind of slow down due to the older drive, and, I don't have an enclosure handy.

I have an 80gb Maxtor HDD that I installed at the start of this year - no issues with it all, when I read up about it, it was getting good reviews as well..... :P

Funny how opinions vary so much eh ? Guess it goes to prove the old saying "Opinions are like Arseholes - everybody's got one !" :lol:

I've come full circle and only buy WDC drives now. I was Buying IBM's but they are totally utterly useless

Everyone has their own favorites and thats what they are used too and always use. :thumbup:

I might try a seagate in the future but I see myself probably going to WDC ;)

Western Digital did loose it for a short while, but I think they are back in the best ones again.

Everyone has their own favorites and thats what they are used too and always use. :thumbup:

I might try a seagate in the future but I see myself probably going to WDC ;)

Seagates are pretty much all I use. Got a couple of Maxtors and W/Digital drives around the place but I like Seagates for their reliability and the fact that they run cooler than other drives (which is why they're almost always used in modded XBoxes and Playstations). Anything that can help keep the temperature down inside the box has gotta be a good thing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.