Amd Athlon 64 X2 6000 3.0Ghz

dontasciime

Not to be a wet blanket donta, but I have heard that some folks can OC their 3800X2s to 3GHz, or at least to 2,750MHz. I am very conservative and OC "only" to 2500Mhz.

Regards

Nice price, let me know how you like it. Even though they don't have the speed upper hand right now, I'm still an AMD fan. I sometimes wish I'd have waited 1 month when I bot my 4800 X2, which was when AM2 came out. So my next upgrade means new MB & memory too.

Fair 'nuff donta. I wouldn't go to 3,000 MHz either on the 3800, but the chip does seem to be a fave with the OC'ers. It is absolutely rock solid at 2,500Mhz - I might notch it up a bit.

And yes, the cache would be a big attraction.

Have fun mate.

Regards

The 3800+ attraction is clear to see, no denying it is a capable overclocker.

The 6000+ I could actually get up to 3400mhz after seeing a few other people do same, therefore I think I may boost it a little to 3100 or 3200 and achieve this easily on my m2n32-sli Deluxe as It's a very capable O'C board.

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?sku=331906 have this CPU for

from the tests I have seen, adding the extra L2 to the windsor core gave neglible performance increases, amd's onboard memory controller is very efficient already.

@Blu,

is your cas 2 ram running at stock mem frequency with the 25% OC to fsb?

ran into some references to changing from 1T command rate to 2T to enable pushing the fsb/mem freq envelope further

I'm running the memory divider at 333Mhz (cf standard 400). Thus, the memory is only slightly OC'ed to 208 (417 DDR) from the standard 400. Having said that, I do run at faster than SPD memory timings: 2-3-3-6 vs 3-3-3-8.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.