Jester

OK here is the log file.

***************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Tuesday, 24 July 2007, 18:20:06

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 17:20:24 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 17:20:24 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 17:20:24 Total Physical Memory: 1,030,896 KB - Available: 482,224 KB

W 17:20:24 Drive D:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 17:20:24 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:20:24 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:20:24 Found 1 DVD

I 17:08:52 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: CMC MAG. AM3) (Speeds: 4x)

Change to Verbatim or Taiyo Yudens and throw out this cheap rubbish.

Update your firmware - see here.

Regards

On the firmware page only one of the links works. I downloaded that earlier and it gave me this message:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9140/firmwareerrorxs3.png

And what is better DVD+R or DVD-R?

For my single layer discs I have used only Verbatim DVD-R discs and I've only made two coasters (both times my fault) in well over 1000 burns. With dual layer discs I use only Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and I have never made a coaster. With +R media you can do bit setting (depending on your burner) which may make your DVD more compatible with some DVD players but I have never had any compatibility problems with my -R burns. I have never bit set a dual layer disc and have never had a compatibility problem with them either.

With the single layer discs my feeling is that it's your call as long as you use quality media. You should stay with either Verbatim or TY's. With dual layer discs use ONLY Verbatim DVD+ discs.

OK thanks. But does anyone know what is wrong with me trying to install that new firmware?
BGS4 is not standard Lite-on firmware. I have done some searching for you and it seems that you can download and use a patched version of the BSOY firmware. Download it here. Go about half way down the page and look for BS0Y - patched - crossflashing, multi-colored LED (for 1213S, 1613S, etc.).

Please realize that I have not used this firmware personally but I read at two sites that it supposedly works with your drive. You have to make the decision for yourself if you want to try it out.

Good luck

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.