having strange problems with Imgburn

switchblade123

Hi. I have been using this program for a long time and never had any problems. I use PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D and it works great. I recently changed media to HP DVD-R 16x(RED LABEL) and memorex 16x. The strange problem I have is that the disc will burn great. I test the movie in 3 different stand-alone and they work. Then when I put it back in my PC, my PC doesn't recognize the disc. So far its only with these media I tried. whats even weirder is that if I burn the disc, and it finishes and I don't eject the disc, it picks up and start my PowerDVD and plays fine. I eject it, put it back in and it doesn't recognize it. I burn my discs at 8X and sometimes 6x (if 8X fails).

I will also add that if I burn with Nero, it works perfectly in my PC. I just don't like nero tho, its slow and makes a lot of coasters, so if anyone can help me out, it will be very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Sounds as though a simple 'Verify' would have spotted this issue right from the start. That is after all the whole point of it!

When some drives have issues writing on some discs, the 'Write Type' can actually make a difference (it shouldn't, but sometimes it does).

If you really must stick with using those discs rather than some decent Verbatim / Taiyo Yuden ones, switch it to 'Incremental' rather than 'DAO' and then try it again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.