mobo

cathater

have finnally saved a little money and am designing my buggered systems replacement.

Was gonna do amd athalon x2 6000 instead of storebought intel system this time

pci express ?(make sugestion) video card (I'm not a gamer don't need anything fantastic here, just video editing)

? audio card ( wish to edit video in 5 channel)(newegg doesn't describe all audio jacks on asus m2n mobo)

motherboard---asus m2n e sli (handles 4 ide devices- to use my old toys-, and a 1394 jack I need)

I understand sli shares 2 video cards to accelarate video rendering, I don't need that

does it works with 1 card???

does it take part of 1st screen onto second card and 2nd monitor full screen or is that something I've read about elsewhere and different

Oh I was kinda hoping for <$600, and reuseing all my ide stuff till it dies. Don't think theres anything else from my sony p4 I can borrow. So far I'm up to $400 (just 2 gig mem)

Was tinking a raidmax 612wb case with 500 watt power supply another $100 (4 fans, my sony always ran hot while rendering video, and thats when it died)

Jeepers, I don't think my sony xp runs on anything but that sony

I would go with a 2.6 windsor or even a 2.5 brisbane core, the 6000 is pushed to it's limits already with heat and power issues

better power supply

since you are using 4 ide's you will need a good power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811119068

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817159040

compare to the raidmax power

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817152029

I looked at power supplys Chewy, interesting one has a 28 amp 12v, and the other has 2 12v at 18 amp.

Now if I can find the mobo voltage in diagram I can figure out what I need? Or is this a sorted thing, 12v to mb, seperate 12v line to drives, and the other unit shares. Have not played this deep in computer before.

Edited by cathater

they have 2 2.6 windsor, both 129$

L2 cache

2 1mb or 2 512kb, bigger is better or just more heat?

decisions , decisions ,

thanks for the help Chewy

they have 2 2.6 windsor, both 129$

L2 cache

2 1mb or 2 512kb, bigger is better or just more heat?

decisions , decisions ,

thanks for the help Chewy

the larger l2 is wasted on the amd64's as the onboard memory controller is so damn fast

the one thing to know is the amd64's need premium ram to keep up with the cpu's design

That memory also has a bundle deal with XION Supernova XON-800R14N ATX12V quad rail nvidia sli cert.

Still makes $133 for psu though.

if we had another 600$ of cath's money to spend we could get him into a E6850 and a decent video card another 2 gigs of that ram, course then he would want to go 64 bit

If I had another $600 I'd probably go on a motorcycle vacation and worry about computing some other time. I've always got sweeties computer, although it goes somewhere in computer dreams sometimes. Taskmanager says system 98% idle, 2% taskmanager, and half my keystrokes nevermake it to the monitor.(it's not my spelling) I think she could use a clean install of everything, her kid says no.

Was looking at am2 fans, and reading the reviews, nobody sounded like they were doing a really good job. Let me see, 70c* 9/5+32= 158F (I understand F and that seems quite toasty, don't remember my p4 ever breaking 100F. )Should I continue saving money, and go some other way or does everybody run this toasty?

Dynatron > Item#:N82E16835114044 new idle temp of 105F vs. 116F with stock fan. Sustained torture CPU temp max of 136 to 141F compared to stock AMD cooler max at 153F

I may have been wro, wro, wrn, I may have been less then fully correct, I only remembered it as C

Still for $30 it not a bunch better then stock

well the cheap, miserable person inside of me ordered the case and power supply today.

will recover from wallet shock and buy the rest payday

guess I better get to pinnacle studio to see what it requires for vid card as my agp card wont work here

• 2 weeks later...

all the goodies should be here any day :thumbup:

first dumb question

2.2 v ram, 1.35v cpu and 3v and 5 volt lines on the power supply, :frustrated:

am I gonna find 35 jumpers on the motherboard and no instruction pamplet?

second question

has bill gates fixed vista enough yet, so it works with my editing software like xp does

Parts here! :thumbup:

Mobo in case, power supply in, video in, most of the wires hooked up,- hot and sweety in garage tonight, BREAK TIMe

:drunk:

need to get to other house, hdd, opt, floppie, monitor :whistling:

3rd question mobo labeled spk, gnd, gnd, 5v - case speaker(piezo buzzer?) jack -wire blank blnk wire

well it does looker like a piez buzzer to me , if it was a speaker I would think speaker and grnd on mobo- what do you think?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.