how can i select the files i want in build mode w/out omitting the ones i want?

dr_ml422

ok. i could use imgburn for basically about anything i do w/some other programs. i would like to know how in build mode i can add the files i want w/out omitting them or including the ones i don't want. ie. i can't tell whether the files i want contain the material i want to add in build mode just by looking at the files in their folder or source. basically w/out breaking any of the forum rules, how can i distinguish which files make up the main title of a source i want to build and then burn? is there a way of doing this w/imgburn w/out the help of another program which selects the main title, creates an iso, n then having to burn it w/imgburn? in other words if i could avoid using another program by using imgburn alone for the same thing i'd rather do that.

Rather cryptically stated but fairly well put. :shifty: ImgBurn will not do what I think you want to do and you will need one of several available programs to do it. GOOGLE is your friend as we will not discuss the other thing you need to do in order to do what you want to do. :blink:

I agree with spinner...you will have to use another application to separate the files out like you want them before you burn the result with Imgburn. I would think a program such as PgcEdit or VobBlanker would come in handy for this task. There are other ways, but as spinner eluded to we can't/won't discuss them here.

hi locoeng. i figured it would be difficult to do that w/imgburn. i'm going to play with this and do some trial n error, maybe at least i could get a starting point in build mode and take it from there. it won't hurt and if i could tweek it a bit here and there it will save me time in the long run. good to hear from you.

If you have a movie DVD project and have edited it and have backup folders such as PgcEdit_backup, VobBlanker_backup or MenuShrink_backup, and want to burn them, ImgBurn will automatically exclude them (well, it will give you the chance to exclude them).

If you have DVD-ROM files, you'll need to delete/move these yourself.

If you wanna "shrink" your DVD, then yes try google. There's dozens of transcoders (some are actually quite good) and encoders.

Regards

i keep forgetting imgburn is just as it name suggests, an image burner. i have built and burned copies straight from a media source, but the copies come out as vts folders. now i don't have a problem viewing these as my dvd player accepts just about every format out there. however, others don't support every format. now i realize what the build mode is all about. lord, i have to admit it's been right in front of me all the time concerning imgburn, it's features, and the guides that come with it. i'm slow sometimes, but i get there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.