Cornholio's new guide

chewy

It's just what the beginner needs, a footnote to that guide would be to show how to setup imgburn to auto yes to the no video-ts folder option?

I have used one program for years and never had it make video_ts folders

I personally don't think it's good practice to tell 'beginners' to go change some settings that they won't understand. The options are there for advanced users that are stuck in their ways.

It would be better if they learnt to put DVD Video files in the proper DVD Video folder - i.e. the VIDEO_TS one.

By all means tell people to do that in your guide at DD, but over here I'd prefer it if it stayed as it is.

Chewy,

Try to remember that it is a generic burning burning tool and EVERYTHING is just 'data' so far as it's concerned.

There are times where it'll pick up on the likely hood of you wanting to burn a DVD Video disc but I feel it would be wrong if it didn't (by default) check with the user first - if for no other reason than to educate them into perhaps rethinking how they do things.

Sure, if you load up a program that has a specific mode for burning a DVD Video disc (or any other disc for that matter), that 'mode' can be tailored for the type of files you're expecting. That's NOT the case with ImgBurn as currently it's one 'mode' for all.

I rather agree with Chewy's logic. But it's still hard to go wrong given the message that basically says "want me to make the folders for you". Simply clicking yes is easy. Maybe a check box saying "Don't show me this again - answer yes" is in order?

Regards

Aaah, I see.

So basically, what we're saying is users can either:

1. Author their DVD Video projects in a VIDEO_TS folder and there's no issue; or

2. Tick the Tools --> Setting --> Build tab that says "Don't prompt VIDEO_TS content/answer yes" (if they haven't authored the project properly)

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.