Time to dump Internet Exploder

digidragon

Opera continues to shoot itself in the foot. The only reason it's giving itself away is an IE move: to try and capture market share. They still have yet to address actually issues. For instance, in my test of it, after 9 plus hours of trying to load a series of saved tabs, it still had loaded 0k and 0/0 files. Something that has been in all but the Preview versions of Opera 8.0. And, it's some kind of random situation, as not everyone has it. But, it is a problem in the software because what happens is it thinks it's loaded a page when it hasn't, so, it keeps trying. BUT, it bleeds over this behavior from just ONE page to ALL pages. Eventually memory starts to leak, context menus across the board won't load, My Computer, won't open, etc. and requires a reboot.

Opera, now, is just an example of HOW to do things... and not do them well. :) Like Netscape, which has adopted some of Opera's innovations that all browsers need, but NOT correctly. e.g. only saving open tabs IF you set them as the default home "page," etc.

In fact, Firefox only needs 2 additions to make me completely dump Opera: 1.) save opened tabs automatically 2.) automatically arrange tab sizes as they fill up the screen, something ONLY Opera, strangely, does, which is what SHOULD be done with tabs instead of having them file up OFF the damn side of the screen. :rolleyes:

Free Opera? Might have to grab that. Thanks for the link. :)

If anyone is interested, I've been playing with a plugin for FireFox for the last hour or so called Sage. It's an RSS aggregator that works a treat and is child's play to install. You can find it at:

http://sage.mozdev.org

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.