Problems With Burning

FrankEast

I recently downloaded IMGBurn and have tried to use it. Even after following instructions explicitly, I always wind up with a RUINED disc because the program did NOT function properly. Today, I wasted a disc after trying to copy a DVD. The message I received was that the program could NOT properly finalize the blank DVD I was burning onto making it impossible to play or use. In other words, ruined. Now, I've read some other reviews about IMGBurn, and some people swear by it & others swear at it! Another time, after using IMGBurn, the message that came up was that the blank DVD I was using was "too small." To me, IMGBurn is not very straightforward & simple to use. It's downright complicated with many pitfalls. I realize that it's free & perhaps that's why it's unreliable. Like the old saying goes, "There's No Such Thing As A FREE Lunch." Posted by "PissedOffBill"

I always wind up with a RUINED disc because the program did NOT function properly
I realize that it's free & perhaps that's why it's unreliable

User error. Which can include choice of writer choice of media.

Sorry to tell you the above but blaming something you clearly don't understand and saying program is unreliable and program does not function correctly is a bit mean on the hours put in by the programmer.

"PissedOffAtPissedOffBill"

Smart people swear by it, stupid people swear at it. It's pretty clear which direction you're heading.

Don't ever bitch about something because YOU don't understand it. It only makes you look daft and people WILL laugh at you.

The software you use has almost nothing to do with the burn being successful or not - it all comes down to your choice of drive/firmware/media.

All the software does is send the data to the drive.

It's downright complicated with many pitfalls.

Have you had a look at the detailed guides yet?

I realize that it's free & perhaps that's why it's unreliable.

I tend to think that freeware is usually better the the latter...have you ever tried to get support from Nero or other similar programs? You won't beat the support you get from this product on this site or other forums that stand behind this excellent program.

I recently downloaded IMGBurn and have tried to use it. Even after following instructions explicitly, I always wind up with a RUINED disc because the program did NOT function properly.

a good workman never blames his tools :rolleyes:

Today, I wasted a disc after trying to copy a DVD. The message I received was that the program could NOT properly finalize the blank DVD I was burning onto making it impossible to play or use. In other words, ruined. Now, I've read some other reviews about IMGBurn, and some people swear by it & others swear at it! Another time, after using IMGBurn, the message that came up was that the blank DVD I was using was "too small."

Hmmm , if i was told the blank dvd i was using was to small, and i didnt understand the error message, i would be asking for help in a help forum !! not slagging the program off in front of many many users who have never really had a problem ............. but then , thats what "I" would do

To me, IMGBurn is not very straightforward & simple to use. It's downright complicated with many pitfalls. I realize that it's free & perhaps that's why it's unreliable. Like the old saying goes, "There's No Such Thing As A FREE Lunch." Posted by "PissedOffBill"

well heres a tip for you Frank , ImgBurn was never actually made for people who dont know what to do . It was intended for users who knew what an ISO, DV5 and DV9 , But as it became more popular because of its simplicity , the author Lightning_UK and a member called Cornholio wrote some extremely good, easy to follow guide's . The author even created this support forum , which incidently you found alright , for the purpose of helping people with problems. so the question which begs is............ why didnt you jut ask for help rather than posting a load of crap because you didnt understand the program ??

ALL programs have minor issues of some sort, wetehr within the program of to so with 3rd party items like choice hardware and media ,but they dont all have support like you can get here.

IF you dont know how to use it, just ask

IF you dont understand something thats happening when using it, just ask

You've shown you have little knowledge of how to use ImgBurn,( thats not a criticism , we all have to start somewhere with new programs to us) or at least you've shown you dont have the patience to try and work out what went wrong or ask "why" it went wrong by reading your rants in post 1 of this thread

EDIT

so far you have had the fortune of replies by the Author, 3 beta team members/testers and a regular helpfull member.

had you approached the problem with a differant manner , you would be successfully burning discs to your hearts content by the time youd got down to this post

I wouldnt particulaty class myself as 'uber intelligent', but I managed to figure out how to use Imgburn pretty well on my own and for the parts I wasnt sure about there were plenty of guides on 'how to...' posted on here, failing that the Beta Team here are spot on and very helpfull. Before spouting off about the problems, like Corny said you should post a log of the failed burn, then the problem could be found and a solution given to you.

More than likely its a very simple problem your having, like crap media or firmware problems. Ive not seen anything posted on here that hasnt had a solution to it yet.

Have a little patience and you will be rewarded. But your first stop should be the guides section.

I realize that it's free & perhaps that's why it's unreliable

Another ASSHOLE that can't bother to read the guides, use the search function or ask a question about the program when he dicks up...it's so much easier to blame the program than his own lack of skill and comprehension...what a shame...just another ASSHOLE... :yes:

hi can anyone help me i have a chipped xbox 360

just tell the store it was chipped and scratched when you got it out the box,and they will probably replace it for you.

but have no idea were to get games from can anyone tell me plz

? what about the store you bought the xbox from ? , most of them usually sell games as well as the consoles

Like the old saying goes, "There's No Such Thing As A FREE Lunch." Posted by "PissedOffBill"

:whistling: I had a free lunch today, part of our Co's drive to promote lift sharing - very nice it was too :thumbup:

hi can anyone help me i have a chipped xbox 360 but have no idea were to get games from can anyone tell me plz

:pirate: Aaaahh Harrh My Hearties

That's a dandy shop, it's where I buy replacement reverse threaded lock washers when my HDD starts to leak.

Are those metric or english washers?? here in the states we haven't really converted yet

still useing something called a monkey wrench, one wrench fits almost everything, and does a good job as a hammer to

I recently downloaded IMGBurn and have tried to use it. Even after following instructions explicitly, I always wind up with a RUINED disc because the program did NOT function properly.

a good workman never blames his tools :rolleyes:

When my tool isn't working (rarely, to be sure), I certainly blame it!!! =))

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.