LG super-multi with Dual layers..(Desperate!!)

DriftaDan

hi there, ive been having a problem with my lg drive for a long time now and i wondered if you couldhelp as it only happens with dual layers, it reads them alright but burning them is a big problem.when i insert the disc it recognises it, even the terrible cmc-mag discs seem to read fine, but when i go to burn discs it gives me weird errors, i copied this error down in notepad today: I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2164D 1.01 (D:) (USB)

SCcsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation:Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 05 60 00 00 20 00

Interpretation:Write (10) - Sectors: 1376 - 1407

Sense Area: 70 00 03 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 00 00 80 04 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Unknown(Vendor Unique) (0x80, 0x04)

in other programs it remains the same so im really worried now, any help would be greatly appreciated, and p.s. please don't just tell me to "buy verbatims", thanks in advance.

i didnt just use cmc-mag (hell no) i also had some RITEK-D01-01and other various types, and the ritek have worked in the past with this dvd drive, so im wondering whats wrong...im thinking about getting the pioneer 112d as it seems reliable but id really prefer it if this one would work as it used to and it would save me time,effort and money, thanks in advance.

i didnt just use cmc-mag (hell no) i also had some RITEK-D01-01and other various types, and the ritek have worked in the past with this dvd drive, so im wondering whats wrong...im thinking about getting the pioneer 112d as it seems reliable but id really prefer it if this one would work as it used to and it would save me time,effort and money, thanks in advance.

Ritek was once a great media... now it sux like the rest of the cheapo crap out there. That's why we recommend Verbs or TY's exclusively. :thumbup:

hi again, so anyway i retried imgburn in safe mode and things were very different,imgburn got to where the laybreak was supposed to happen(around 51%) and then stopped, this is the problm ive been having for a whileand i dont know how to fix it, after it stopped working, it said the disc was blank, soim really puzzled as to what's happening (it seems to me as if theres a problem with the program-drive co-ordination) the error i got this time was:

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-2164D 1.01 (E:)(USB)

ScsiStatu:0x02

Interpretation; Check Condition

CDB:2A 00 00 1D 36 400000 20 00

Interpretation: Write(10) -Sectors:1914432 - 1914463

Sense Area: 70 0005 00 00 00 00 0E 00 00 0000 21 02 00 00 00 00

Interpretation:Invalid Address For Write

You fix it by taking the advice we give instead of ignoring it or arguing with us. Why bother coming asking for help and ignoring the very sound advice and then pleading for more help?

LG aren't real good at firmware updates. Ritek is shit, so is CMC. Burning on USB means you should be slowwwwwwwwwww - 1x is all I'd go.

Now, go buy some bloody Verbs and see if that helps. And if you still got an issue, post a log.

Regards

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.