Image File Too Big

amachoman4u

I downloaded a game to my comp and my sister recently stepped on one of my disks and cracked it... Yeah, leaving it in the floor was stupid, I know. I have the image file saved to my comp, but it's 8.5 gigs. Is there any way I can put it onto 2 separate single layer DVDs? Will a dual layer DVD even hold that much? I don't have any dual layer DVDs though.

I downloaded a game to my comp and my sister recently stepped on one of my disks and cracked it... Yeah, leaving it in the floor was stupid, I know. I have the image file saved to my comp, but it's 8.5 gigs. Is there any way I can put it onto 2 separate single layer DVDs? Will a dual layer DVD even hold that much? I don't have any dual layer DVDs though.

pardon me but isn't that illegal, and you had it on dual layer(duh!) and you come here seeing if you can split it up, give us a break, how did it fit in the first place?

methinks you didn't make the first dual layer

the game was a 2-disc game. i downloaded both discs onto my comp so i wouldn't have to use the disc for gaming. i have all the files. but there is one main image file. i can put all the files onto 2 separate discs, but then i'm going to run into errors if i try to reinstall it. lol, and yes, that WOULD be illegal

it was a 2-disc installation, but the game runs off of disc 1... if the game was originally on a dual-layer, then all i would have to do is burn it to a dual layer and my problem would be solved. what good would splitting up a dual-layer do me? lol, i'm not that computer savvy.

so you ripped? disk one and mounted it to play off of and left it in the floor for your sister to step on?

very careless, but you might need a dual layer disk to burn that image

or you could call the game manufacturer and try to get the disk replaced

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.