my first dvd burner

JO JOE

sorry to hijack a post, but im also looking for a new burner to be used to backup xbox 360 games? Ideally I want one that will burn 99% of the time with verbs, but also one that will have a decent success rate with other brands (ritek, cmc etc). I will be running it using IDE, any ideas?

My Sony usb burner works great with cheap media and with the more expensive stuff.

That's all quite well for now, but what about a year or two into the future? Look around the site for graphs of some year old cheap CMC media and see how well it holds up. <_< Better to spend another 30% on a disc manufactured to last . :thumbup:

My Sony usb burner works great with cheap media and with the more expensive stuff.

That's all quite well for now, but what about a year or two into the future? Look around the site for graphs of some year old cheap CMC media and see how well it holds up. <_< Better to spend another 30% on a disc manufactured to last . :thumbup:

I appriciate that verbs are the way to go in terms of 100% efficiency, but friends of mine have had a lot of success with various discs, including aones, riteks, cmcs and ricohs. if they last a year or more thats a risk some are willing to take. but in terms of cost, a case of 25 verbs will set you back £45, whereas a pack of 25 ricohs or riteks wont go over £20, so there is a considerable difference in price.

so with that in mind whats the best burner for the job?

I appriciate that verbs are the way to go in terms of 100% efficiency, but friends of mine have had a lot of success with various discs, including aones, riteks, cmcs and ricohs. if they last a year or more thats a risk some are willing to take. but in terms of cost, a case of 25 verbs will set you back £45, whereas a pack of 25 ricohs or riteks wont go over £20, so there is a considerable difference in price.

There is no perfect drive for that job, too many permutations/ mobo/chipset/media

Take your pick and hope for the best.

Or buy good quality media and decrease the risk

There is no perfect drive for that job, too many permutations/ mobo/chipset/media

Take your pick and hope for the best.

Or buy good quality media and decrease the risk

Are NEC generally a good place to start? I was under the impression that not all DL burners will burn 360 games (even with verbs?)

I appriciate that verbs are the way to go in terms of 100% efficiency, but friends of mine have had a lot of success with various discs, including aones, riteks, cmcs and ricohs. if they last a year or more thats a risk some are willing to take. but in terms of cost, a case of 25 verbs will set you back

Edited by Valeron

No drives can handle this job, imo. I've never used bad media.

btw, the media in Europe is way too expensive....

I can get 50 pack MIS MCC002 with only about �6 here in China. U can pay about �16.5 for Taiyo T01 100 pack media.

are Verbatim and Taiyo as reliable as each other?

No drives can handle this job, imo. I've never used bad media.

btw, the media in Europe is way too expensive....

I can get 50 pack MIS MCC002 with only about �6 here in China. U can pay about �16.5 for Taiyo T01 100 pack media.

are Verbatim and Taiyo as reliable as each other?

In terms of quality, yes. AFAIK, europe raise the tax of media by a large margin. The high prices is the penalty......for each other.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.