Adding multiple files/folders via CLI

moongose

Add a pipe ('|') between them or use an IBB file.

That's Ok, but I cannot do it.

I need it to make a command for Total Commander, so all selected files folders will be automaticaly transferred to ImgBurn and burned. TC divides separate entries with space, or builds a text file with names which can be added as an argument to programs that support textfiles.

Many other program support working this way.

Thank you.

Scrap that, if you pass a *.txt file via the /SRC command it'll treat it as a list file.

The chances of someone burning a (single file) txt file as a real text file via CLI are slim to none - and if they do, they'll just have to live with it that they need to use the gui instead.

Hello

Is this mean that the CLI can take an IBB switch? So that I can always ask to load a particular project file?

In fact is there a way to always load a particular project file or the most recent ibb??

Thank you in advance.

G

Hello

Is this mean that the CLI can take an IBB switch? So that I can always ask to load a particular project file?

In fact is there a way to always load a particular project file or the most recent ibb??

Thank you in advance.

G

Sorry I found it - no /ibb required; just adding a file with a .ibb extension automagically opens the gui with the project loaded.

Thanks again

G

2 files types are now support for the folder/file list actually.

*.LST and *.TXT

Pass a single file with either of those extensions via the /SRC switch (when in Build mode) and the program will assume each line in the file is a folder / file name.

You can also drag+drop a single *.LST/*.TXT file on the application icon and it'll load it into Build mode in the same way. (The same happens for supported image file extensions where it loads up in Write mode.

Hi :) , i'm a newbie about IMGBURN but i'd like to add multiple files/folders to IMGBURN from TC.

Total Commander can create different types of lists :

%L, %l, %F, %f, %D, %d create a list file in the TEMP directory with the names of the selected files and directories, and appends the name of the list file to the command line. The list is deleted automatically when the called program quits. 6 types of list files can be created:

%L Long file names including the complete path, e.g. c:\Program Files\Long name.exe

%l (lowercase L) Short file names including the complete path, e.g. C:\PROGRA~1\LONGNA~1.EXE

%F Long file names without path, e.g. Long name.exe

%f Short file names without path, e.g. LONGNA~1.EXE

%D Short file names including the complete path, but using the DOS character set for accents.

%d Short file names without path, but using the DOS character set for accents.

Which one do you think is the best for IMGBURN ?

In order to be able to launch IMGBURN from TC i must configure TC this way :

[em_imgburn]

Menu=IMGBURN

Cmd=c:\Archivos de programa\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe

Param=/SRC "%L"

and IMGBURN will recieve this (TC'll change file names so that CMD8A.tmp is not a constant) :

ImgBurn.exe /SRC "C:\TEMP\CMD8A.tmp"

I've been testing and it doesn't work, if you introduce /SRCLIST switch may you consider to also accept .tmp files ?.

It may be a good idea also to create an /SRCLIST APPEND switch, to append different files lists to the same project.

If i only use ImgBurn.exe /SRC "C:\BackupProject.Txt", will IMGBURN use all my other current IMGBURN settings or i have to add other switches to command line ?.

2 files types are now support for the folder/file list actually.

*.LST and *.TXT

Pass a single file with either of those extensions via the /SRC switch (when in Build mode) and the program will assume each line in the file is a folder / file name.

I've tried Imgburn /SRC "C:\LIST.TXT" (executed from command line) and IMGBURN starts in buildmode, but it doesn't assume each line is a folder, only C:\LIST.TXT appears on source, what am i doing wrong ?

Thank you very much for such a great program :clapping: .

Edited by sas2000

You're way ahead of yourself, these things are for the NEXT release, not the current one that dates back to April.

Yes, if you only supply 1 CLI parameter the others will be whatever ImgBurn loads from the registry. You should at least add the /MODE and /BUILDMODE (or /OUTPUT) ones though.

That's a real pain that TC won't output to anything except *.tmp files.

Oh and you'd want the %L one in TC itself.

Ok, I've gone back to /SRCLIST now I know that TC doesn't let you specify the file name that it passes to IB.

Thanks :) . If it is possible, please let user append different file lists to the same IB project.

Edited by sas2000

You mean specify multiple lists?

As in

/SRCLIST "C:\List1.txt|C:\List2.txt" ?

No, i mean a different thing.

Let say that i want to burn a DVD that it'll contain directories from two different hard drives ( C: & D:).

TC doesn't let me select directories from two different hard drives simultaneously, so that i'll have to do it this way :

First i'll select directories from C: and then i'll execute imgburn /SCRLIST "%L" to create a new project with these directories.

I'll have to repeat the process with D: directories and execute imgburn /SCRLIST "%L" again, but these directories should be appended to the previous ones, to create only one project with all directories.

Thank you :)

Edited by sas2000

I'm glad thas this idea got support.

But wouldn't be possible to add /APPEND switch (or something similar) so it will append the current selection to the opened imageburn window, insted opening another instance (that can happen without the switch). Just a thought.

But wouldn't be possible to add /APPEND switch (or something similar) so it will append the current selection to the opened imageburn window, insted opening another instance (that can happen without the switch). Just a thought.

If you want to select files from TC maybe this may help you.

No because you're obviously creating a new instance when you run ImgBurn (with or without command line parameters).

To make it append to an existing instance I'd have to start looking around for others, querying their current status (more than 1 open at a time?) and then talk to that instance via special windows messages to tell it what to add before then closing the new instance without you ever actually seeing it load. (At least that's how I *think* it's done?!)

Basically it's a big pain in the arse and I can't be bothered with it. Sorry!

I can't imagine someone having 10 ImgBurn instances open at one time (though it's not impossible).

Implementing a switch like /O (as TC has - use already open instance) shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Of course there will always be the risk that a user has two or more open instances, but I'm sure advanced users (the ones that use command line switches) will figure it out in no time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.