Seamless DVD or Layer Break Position?

Sliztzan

The layer break stuff comes up when you try to build an image / burn to disc in 'Build' mode.

Of course it all depends on if you want to check the LB on DVD Video (IFO/BUP/VOB) Files, an ISO or an actual disc.

Thanks, I want to find out if the actual DVD Video disc is seamless.

Also I want to find out on another actual DVD Video disk where the layer break position is located.

Edited by Sliztzan

The LB position is a physical thing really and that can be checked by looking at the info in the panel on the right of ImgBurn's main window - just scroll down the bottom.

To find it in terms of a Cell, you need to take the physical LBA and go though a series to steps to work out which cell that maps to.

Start by looking at the LBA of each file in a program like IsoBuster.

Find the file that spans the physical LB LBA.

Then remember the VTS set that file is part of and the LBA of the VTS_xx_1.vob (of VTS_xx_0.vob if that's the file spanning the LB LBA).

The open the VTS's IFO in IfoEdit and go through all the PGC's until you find the cell where:

VTS_xx_1.vob (or _0.vob) start LBA + cell start sector

AND

VTS_xx_1.vob (or _0.vob) start LBA + cell start sector + cell length > physical LB LBA

It might sound a bit complicated but it's not actually that hard.

Almost every commercial dual layer DVD has the layer break set to non-seamless (this is to ensure maximum player compatibility, plus I think it was actually the spec). The only ones which aren't are some superbit DVDs.

Regards

Almost every commercial dual layer DVD has the layer break set to non-seamless (this is to ensure maximum player compatibility, plus I think it was actually the spec). The only ones which aren't are some superbit DVDs.

Regards

I just tried making a image of a superbit and the layer break selection box didn't pop up. They play fine in my player.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.