DVDinfo Pro Graphs from ImgBurn

BurnerFreak

Hi

I havent used DVDInfo Pro yet, I have been trying to download the trial for 3 days now and the

http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Reviews+inde...nt-id-153.phtml

Download Link doesnt seem to work, i got through once and then the following link failed ?!?!

Anywhere else to d/l it from ?

I have been using neros cd/dvd speed for quality analysis on my benq1640 drive.

I see the output from imgburn that gives DVDinfoPro the ability to show you a burn graph..............

What exactly should these look like ?

I have looked in the media section on this site and seen the write graphs, but what does a good and bad graph look like ?

The plextor write graph seems totally different from the 110 graph but the both report as good burns of 92% or more.

Also can anyone post over on the media section ? I have a set of nice burns from imgburn on tyg02 media with a pioneer 110 drive ? (The graphs are neros)

Cheers

Dave

Edited by BurnerFreak

That forum is locked down to me and the beta team.

I'm trying to keep all posts in that forum roughly the same.

Saves people having to reinterpret the results in order to compare things ;)

Graph wise, you must already know the PIE/PIF side of things.

The 'speed' graph is just to show you how the drive burns the disc - drop offs are where it's slowed the burn down - probably to minimise errors.

The little dips you see now and then are where WOPC kicks in to check the burn quality. You'll notice the pioneer does that quite a lot compared to the other drives.

That forum is locked down to me and the beta team.

I'm trying to keep all posts in that forum roughly the same.

Saves people having to reinterpret the results in order to compare things ;)

Graph wise, you must already know the PIE/PIF side of things.

The 'speed' graph is just to show you how the drive burns the disc - drop offs are where it's slowed the burn down - probably to minimise errors.

The little dips you see now and then are where WOPC kicks in to check the burn quality. You'll notice the pioneer does that quite a lot compared to the other drives.

Thanks for the reply LUK!

So from the Plextor and Pioneer Burn Graphs, the plextor is a nice curve (ignoring the spikes) whereas the Pioneer is a series of horizontal lines at different speeds ?

Also what do you think of your plextor drive compared to the pioneer ? I have Benq, Pioneer and NEC in my stables and need an external usb2/ f/w drive for my laptop and was looking at the plextor ( thing that put me off was price compared to the pioneer ) ?

Thanks for the advice

and need an external usb2/ f/w drive for my laptop and was looking at the plextor ( thing that put me off was price compared to the pioneer ) ?

Thanks for the advice

depends where you are , if its europe and its expensive , then go for an external case with usb2/1394 connections and fit an internal drive of your own choosing .

theres a few on ebay ready made which are reasonablly priced

if your in the UK , you can look HERE and see whats on offer in the way of ready assembled .

ive bought from there myself and the service was good AND his enclosures use the oxford chipset

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.