I am a Beginner

Brucey

I need it spelt out,please dont insult me cause im just learning,I do not know what dual/single layer is,or ISO,

I just want to copy a dvd to my external hard drive.I thought id worked it out,then it stopped.

i dont know which guide to follow,because of the above.

I just want step by step,from inserting the disk into my computer,to copying it to my hard drive.

please.thankyou. :thumbup:

EDIT (LUK!): Attachment removed

single layer disc = 4.38 gig capacity

dual layer disc =8.5 gig capacity

If the dvd you're trying to copy is a commercial dvd (movie ) with copyright protection then IMGburn will NOT read the dvd to your hard drive . Put your disc in the burner choose create iso from disc then post the log its the window below the main IB window ,simply copy and paste the info to your next post

single layer disc = 4.38 gig capacity

dual layer disc =8.5 gig capacity

If the dvd you're trying to copy is a commercial dvd (movie ) with copyright protection then IMGburn will NOT read the dvd to your hard drive . Put your disc in the burner choose create iso from disc then post the log its the window below the main IB window ,simply copy and paste the info to your next post

Thanks for replying.

I dont see where to choose that option? under tools or mode?

ok,I just read the tips up the top.i attached the log,in my first post,no reply,asked nicely again,one reply,then nothing.

35 veiws and one reply? is this not where im supposed to come for advice? or is the program only for people who are experienced? I realise I

have no idea with this particular thing,but Im not an idiot in general,so instead of ignoring me,just tell me if im wasting my time even asking or not.or delete my membership.either way it wont matter if support isnt what its here for anyway.

OK, before you trap off anymore

the help here is given by volunteers who are spread around the world. you may be in a differant time zone to anyone who can help you, so be patient and wait for replies.( what country are you in ? )

No one in here will insult you for trying to learn

regarding attatching the log in your first post, it appears that you attatched the "failure" sound file and NOT the log file you was asked for .

to get the log file window up ( if its not already visible) , in the main ImgBurn window , select the "VIEW" button then click on "LOG" , then another window will appear " the log file" window.

when its opened hit the "FILE" button, then the "OPEN" button and browse to log of a failed attempt

copy and paste all that it says into your next post.

regarding what Polo has already advised

hit the "MODE" button across the top of the main window , choose "WRITE" from the sub menu , then copy and paste all the info that appears in the right window pane, and anything that appears in the "LOG" window ( i mentioned it above how to view the log window)

OK, before you trap off anymore

the help here is given by volunteers who are spread around the world. you may be in a differant time zone to anyone who can help you, so be patient and wait for replies.( what country are you in ? )

No one in here will insult you for trying to learn

regarding attatching the log in your first post, it appears that you attatched the "failure" sound file and NOT the log file you was asked for .

to get the log file window up ( if its not already visible) , in the main ImgBurn window , select the "VIEW" button then click on "LOG" , then another window will appear " the log file" window.

when its opened hit the "FILE" button, then the "OPEN" button and browse to log of a failed attempt

copy and paste all that it says into your next post.

regarding what Polo has already advised

hit the "MODE" button across the top of the main window , choose "WRITE" from the sub menu , then copy and paste all the info that appears in the right window pane, and anything that appears in the "LOG" window ( i mentioned it above how to view the log window)

HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B E111 (ATA)

Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Sectors: 4,169,920

Size: 8,539,996,160 bytes

Time: 926:40:70 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:

Session 1...

-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 4169919)

-> LeadOut (LBA: 4169920)

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):

Book Type: DVD-ROM

Part Version: 1

Disc Size: 120mm

Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps

Number of Layers: 2

Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)

Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit

Track Density: 0.74 um/track

First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608

Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607

Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,281,567

Layer Information:

Layer 0 Sectors: 2,084,960 (50%)

Layer 1 Sectors: 2,084,960 (50%)

Thank you Volvo,I apologise for my impatience.I have been in short supply of patience,not because I have that of a 5 year old.Because I

Have a 5 year old,and a 3,and 2 year old.none of which is relevant,except to say I was having a bad day,and I am sorry for how I came acroos.

there isnt anything in the log,or it could be Im not looking,when I click open,then file,another box appears,but I was unable to find any failed attempt file.

I put the disk in,and copied that information.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.