ImgBurn in PCLinuxOS

Exwintech

Hi, folks, this looks like a really good forum!

I'm a Windows Tech, now on disability, and getting away from Windows into Linux. I'm running PCLinuxOS, PCLOS, 2007. The new version of K3b is a bit glitchy, so I was looking for something better. Hence being into ImgBurn - we've been using DVDdecrypter for what seems like forever - however fancy the others get they just can't seem to beat it!

I've looked around as well as possible, but no topic seems to cover my problem.

I'm a keen Linux User, but no expert. I followed the Ubuntu instructions here as closely as possible, have Wine installed, and ImgBurn installed into it.

My burner drive is a Samsung BG68-01146A-REV.01. The system address is (/dev/hdc) /mnt/cdrom. It's reading and running okay - I'm making K3b DVD+RW Session backup disks with it.

When I open ImgBurn I get "No devices detected" in the destination field. Wine is seeing the drive as /mnt/cdrom

How do I configure the system, Wine, or ImgBurn?

Log:

I 07:29:56 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 07:29:56 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195 : Service Pack 4)

I 07:29:56 Total Physical Memory: 516,216 KB - Available: 330,872 KB

I 07:29:56 Initialising SPTI...

I 07:29:56 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

W 07:29:56 No devices detected!

I'm clearly not getting my act together with this...

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Dave.

In the ImgBurn settings, look on the 'I/O' tab and uncheck the 'SPTI - Use 'CdRom' Class' option.

That's not required in the soon to be released v2.4.0.0 - which is what the guide is based on.

I will be looking forward to trying the new release on my Ubuntu set-up. From the looks of the sreen shots in your Ubuntu guide there looks to be some interesting GUI changes.

@Exwintech good to see another Linux user here, PCLinux is on my list of Distro's to do some testing on when I get some time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.