ISO Filesize

Sliztzan

Hello,

I made the image file from a Video_TS folder on my HD which is 5.35 GB. The ISO filesize is 6.95 GB. Why is the image file over 1 GB larger? I made it again just to make sure I did it right. Thank you :thumbup:

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 - Log

; Friday, 23 November 2007, 15:15:10

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 15:05:04 ImgBurn Version 2.3.2.0 started!

I 15:05:04 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 15:05:04 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,404 KB - Available: 2,445,772 KB

I 15:05:04 Initialising SPTI...

I 15:05:04 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 15:05:04 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 2 DVD

Edited by Sliztzan

Because you've chosen a LB where there's loads of padding being applied.

I 15:09:01 Using Layer Break LBA: 986369 -> 1823584 (VTS_03, PGC: 1, Chapter: 20, Cell: 20, Vob/Cell ID: 1/20, Time: 00:40:45, SPLIP: Yes -> No)

Thanks, but I don't understand that. All of the choices had gray stars and none of them had SPLIP: No

So I chose one that was 50/50. What tells me a lot of padding is going to be applied while viewing the

layer break choices? Is it the difference between those numbers you highlighted?

post-8312-1195859787_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sliztzan

Yes, the difference between the 2 values in the LBA column.....but more obvious than that, the 'Padding' column!

In the LBA column, the number before the '->' is the LBA of that cell as it stands (without padding). The number after it is where it'll end up if you select it as the LB cell and after padding is applied to it.

What you should really have done is previewed the cells to work out which one was most suitable - i.e. based on actual video content.

50/50 is a good option though, but 50/50 in a decent part of the film (i.e. scene change) is better.

Yes, the difference between the 2 values in the LBA column.....but more obvious than that, the 'Padding' column!

In the LBA column, the number before the '->' is the LBA of that cell as it stands (without padding). The number after it is where it'll end up if you select it as the LB cell and after padding is applied to it.

What you should really have done is previewed the cells to work out which one was most suitable - i.e. based on actual video content.

50/50 is a good option though, but 50/50 in a decent part of the film (i.e. scene change) is better.

Ok, thanks for helping me understand that. I did preview and found a scene change to put the break in. But I'm posting the ISO so I wanted to keep the ISO smaller, so now I remade it according a smaller padding and found another spot at 53/47 which was suitable to put the break and made the ISO file much closer to the size of the actual Video_TS folder.

Thanks very much :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.