Save option for bitsetting

Rippraff

Hi,

it would be very nice if you could implement a save option for booktype setting. I'm working with a LG GSA-4120B burner and although bitsetting is working fine I have to set it again next time otherwise it's turned off.

Also I'm mostly working with the combination of ImgTool Classic and ImgBurn and in this case I can't change ImgBurn settings.

Best regards,

Rippraff

Certainly is a shame that LG choose to not save the bitsetting option in EEPROM or something similar. They're one of the only manufacturers that don't. (of course that may have changed with later models).

Sorry but issuing bitsetting commands during the burn isn't something I really want to do.

It limits the program because you always have to keep a list of drives that need it. I like to keep my programs very generic so that they work with future burners without the need for updates.

Hi,

it would be very nice if you could implement a save option for booktype setting. I'm working with a LG GSA-4120B burner and although bitsetting is working fine I have to set it again next time otherwise it's turned off.

Also I'm mostly working with the combination of ImgTool Classic and ImgBurn and in this case I can't change ImgBurn settings.

Best regards,

Rippraff

I think this is the site LUK is referring to,

http://www.alexander-noe.com/cdvd/bitsetting/

Alex's software runs very nice for the auto setting from command line of booktype..........

I had an old LG and used this till i dumped it and got a benq 1640

Edited by BurnerFreak

Thanks LUK for the fast reply. :)

I didn't know that this is a LG limitation.

Sorry but issuing bitsetting commands during the burn isn't something I really want to do.

Sorry I don't completely understand. :blush: The option already exists except it can't be saved.

Thanks again for the link, unfortunately the search function is only allowed for registered users (never get the sense of such forum behaviour :/ )

Edit: Thanks BurnerFreak for your link! :) This solved one of my problems. ;) I will give it a go.

Cu Rippraff

Edited by Rippraff

The bitsetting stuff in ImgBurn only does anything if you actually hit the 'change' button.

Doing that, sends the commands to the drive.

I'm sure you've noticed it's not automated at all. You have to manually select the appropriate page for the burner etc.

To have the functionality you're after, I would have to match up each manual option within the program to a certain drive - via it's device id string - i.e. what you see in the drop down box on the main screen.

THAT is what I don't ever want to do.

• 1 year later...

Although I'm mostly burning with my BenQ 1640 now instead of my old LG, it's always nice to see that user wishes get implemented some day. :thumbup:

Added: 'Auto Change Book Type' option to the settings. This is only used for LG and Samsung drives. When enabled (default), it will make the program send the appropriate command to tell the drive to booktype the disc to DVDROM at the start of every burn - obviously just for Plus format media -i.e. DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL.

Thanks again m8 for an additional feature! :)

Cu Rippraff

I gave up waiting for LG / Samsung to follow suite with the rest of the manufacturers!

I just made it user configurable, so besides the default device id string the program supports, the others are down to the user. That gets around me actually having to keep things updated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.