best new anti malware

chewy

Coming back on topic for a minute. Ran my usual Spybot scan (it's resident module is normally running all the time) and came up with a few cookies. Then ran ewido which discovered a inf registry entry for Comet Cursor (but no actual files etc) and more cookies.

While it does appear to dig a little deeper than Spybot, I tend to think it's risk ratings are overdoing it a bit however.

It flagged the Comet Cursor inf entry as High Risk - however on it's own it's far from that.

The cookies it rated as Medium Risk - come on ewido, it's a tracking cookie, a text file, just like the one ewido placed on my computer when I visited their website. If cookies get a Medium Risk I wonder if anything actually receives a Low Risk rating by the program :unsure:

Will see how it goes over next couple of weeks.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hostsfaq.htm

way over my head, i have heard of making the cookie folder read only?

I had never heard of doing that. If it's over your head then there's no way i'm going to have a clue with it!!! :blink:

Oi Scouser! I dont turn tricks for anybody!! Not with my piles thats for sure!!! :o:'(

@zac - I have thought before that a lot of these progs seem to use different definitions so that they catch the "threats" that others have supposedly missed.

That said I did use it as an excuse to delete the cookies that were showing.

@jack - Sorry to hear that the old "chalfonts" (Chalfont St Giles - Giles rhymes with Piles) are still giving you problems, I know you said before they were so big that the sailors were calling them "speed bumps" =))

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.