Why does imbburn suggest layer break with clonecd iso?

lpew

I will sometimes create an ISO using clonecd (1:1 copy) for DL dvds, and then burn with imgburn (v.2.3.2), but I am curious about something.

In imgburn, I will always the 'confirm layer break position' dialog box. A few days ago, that dialog indicated that the layber break was in a 'good' position (rather than excellent). Since clonecd is a 1:1 copy, does that mean that the original layer break was in a 'good' position rather than an excellent one? I guess what I am asking is, when I open a clonecd ISO with imgburn, is imgburn changing the layer break position?

If you're loading the .DVD file it shouldn't ask you to select a layer break position - it'll read it from the .DVD file.

However, if the one in the .DVD file is not valid for the type of media you're burning to (can happen if going from PTP to OTP), it'll have to prompt you.

To be fair though, there's no point at all in using CloneCD for the reading part if you going to burn with ImgBurn anyway. You might aswell just use 'Read' mode in ImgBurn, they do exactly the same thing.

Since clonecd is a 1:1 copy, does that mean that the original layer break was in a 'good' position rather than an excellent one? I guess what I am asking is, when I open a clonecd ISO with imgburn, is imgburn changing the layer break position?

Answer to Q1 is "yes".

Q2: ImgBurn allows you to select a LB based on your preference. You can keep the original one or move it somewhere else if you like.

Regards

If you're loading the .DVD file it shouldn't ask you to select a layer break position - it'll read it from the .DVD file.

Actually, I'm creating an ISO file, not a .dvd file (Reason is, I like to load it in Daemon tools and play it to make sure the file is ok before burning.

But it's a 1:1 iso, so I'm not sure why imgburn is asking for the layer break position. Perhaps it is just confirming the position? (I can't recall now if it gives me choices in this circumstance).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.