Firefox and verify causes errors

VelcroFace

Shouldn't have anything to do with Firefox or Imgburn in any combination...thats' what I use with no problems. Might also want to run a virus scan and spyware scan to see if there are any gremlins present.

Shouldn't have anything to do with Firefox or Imgburn in any combination...thats' what I use with no problems. Might also want to run a virus scan and spyware scan to see if there are any gremlins present.

I'm using NOD32, and it detects no viruses or spyware on my system. I've also run Memtest+ and PC-Doctor, which turned up no memory problems. I'm stymied.

I'm wondering if the problems lie with the motherboard. Lately my the monitor and sound card fail get activated when first booting up after the computer has been shut down for a couple hours. I have to shut it down, then turn it on again to get the monitor and sound card to work. However, a thorough (3-hour) test with PC-Doctor failed to turn up anything.

I have to shut it down, then turn it on again

that sounds more like a weak power supply, interacting with worn dirty fans

starting up a computer needs the strongest power and is also needed for proper functioning of a dvd burner

I have to shut it down, then turn it on again

that sounds more like a weak power supply, interacting with worn dirty fans

starting up a computer needs the strongest power and is also needed for proper functioning of a dvd burner

Someone on another forum suggested the culprit might be the power supply. I may replace it, but wonder if there's a test I can perform first. This computer (AMD 64 3200+) is 3 1/2 years old, nearing the end of its life, and I hesitate to put more money into it.

nearing the end of its life

CPU Properties:

CPU Type AMD Athlon 64 3500+

CPU Alias Venice S939

CPU Stepping DH-E3

CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+

CPUID Revision 00020FF0h

CPU Speed:

CPU Clock 2249.88 MHz

CPU Multiplier 9.0x

CPU FSB 249.99 MHz (original: 200 MHz, overclock: 25%)

Memory Bus 249.99 MHz

I won't tell my computer that

Voltage Values:

CPU Core 1.42 V

+3.3 V 3.30 V

+5 V 5.11 V

+12 V 12.16 V

my old thermaltake keeps plugging away also

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

under computer sensor you can get some voltage readings but they only furnish a rough guide

but wonder if there's a test I can perform first

Strip the wires with your teeth whilst psu is on, if you fly across room and your gums bleed It's got some current. :death:

If you just feel a mild tingling and you get new hairstyle then replace it. :afro:

Did that. Just some tingling. :seestars: Hmmm. But then, it's supposed to output only 12 volts.

Last night my system wouldn't turn off, and I had to unplug it. :huh: It's looking like a new power supply may indeed be needed.

I ordered a tester from Circuit City for 16 bucks. I also got a replacement for my 2-year-old, 430W Antec, amazingly cheap at only $24 with rebate. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.