When is Christmas?

ron spencer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would have been fine if I'd done it back in May.

Of course since that time a lot has changed and now it all needs testing properly and bugs need to be ironed out as much as possible.

If you look at 2.3.1.0 and 2.3.2.0, there were actually quick fixes based on 2.3.0.0.

Here's an example, one of the changes in 2.2.0.0 was "Fixed: Having 'Auto Calculate' enabled messed up builds initiated via CLI."

My suggestion was that you could have released v2.1.0.1 with only that fix, as soon as you've fixed it. People with very small issues with Imgburn woudn't have to wait a long time for those issues to be fixed.

In my case (Terminating Interface issue) that bug is annoying since I have to frequently close Imgburn via Task Manager but I'm very satisfied with everything else as I don't have an imediate need for audio support (which seems to be the big change in this version).

This was only a suggestion, not a complaint ;)

I hate to ask, because it makes me sound ungrateful, but I need to know for my project...

Is there a good chance that Imgburn 2.4.0.0 or whatever the next version is with changer support, will be available by the end of February? If not, I'm going to have to pony up the $100 (not that big of a deal) and buy that piece of crap PowerExplorer (which sucks and is the bigger deal).

Imgburn is a much better program, and I'd rather use it for my CD duplication, but I'm working under a deadline :(

It's not like I'm going to hold the date over your head or anything; just your honest opinion. Thanks a million, and thanks for this wonderful, free program!

Terry, why not donate this 100 bucks to LUK! and hope for the best? :thumbup:

Frankly? I haven't tested, or seen aside from one picture, the support for DVD changers in 2.4.0.0. For all I know, the support will actually be worse than that in PowerExplorer. I don't really believe that, but $100 is pretty steep for a feature I know nothing about lol.

When 2.4 comes out, will it be possible to pass ImgBurn cue/bin information from the command line so that other programs could feed it data to burn an audio cd?

(I'm thinking of a replacement for foo_burninate, foobar2000's integrated burning component that uses Nero. A component that used ImgBurn would be pretty sweet!)

Edited by jarsonic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.