library repair

chewy

those old memorex disks are scanning horribly, in an effort to save the data I have

only one drive that seems to read slow enough, the other shares a cable with it.

Has anyone here ever fooled with the set read speed options and enabled set hardware error retries?

that program doesn't like old memorex disks!

Edited by chewy

Chewy ,those old Memorex and the new Memorex discs are still made with CMC MAG dye and its been said here on the IMGburn forum and the other one thats shut down probably 1000's of times dont use discs that are made with CMC MAG dye if you want to be able to read them a few years from now its not reliable . Try reading them in a burner but I suspect that you're screwed sorry about that and I hope its not data or anything you cant replace

Chewy ,those old Memorex and the new Memorex discs are still made with CMC MAG dye and its been said here on the IMGburn forum and the other one thats shut down probably 1000's of times dont use discs that are made with CMC MAG dye if you want to be able to read them a few years from now its not reliable . Try reading them in a burner but I suspect that you're screwed sorry about that and I hope its not data or anything you cant replace

haven't used memorex in over a year, actually some of the cmc mags are scanning >0, the pro disk and ritek G05's are really crap, I found an old princo that scanned 95, if it wasn't for my LG 4163B, I would

have lost a lot of cough, data, cough! Since I have about 200 of these older data disks, lot of repairs.

The MIJ's or verbs I don't bother checking.

Blu's always telling how good the Ritek R03's are, when I was

redoing memorex disks, some took 30 minutes to just rip with shrink and my best reader(LG 4163B), on another machine my NEC 3520

did one in 6 minutes, the disk was burned nov 4, 2003 on a plex 708.

I scanned the disk, it scored 95, a 2yr old memorex, R03!

Off topic, but that's never stopped me before. Found a Mad Kats cd buffer in a bargain bin for $4 over the holidays. Works excellent on duffed discs, buffs out the scratches and then re-polishes. Looks like a heavy duty cd walkman w/ buffing/polishing heads(2X) instead of the laser pickup. Fixed a fooked XBox game and a purchased ex-rental, w/ excellent results.

Off topic, but that's never stopped me before. Found a Mad Kats cd buffer in a bargain bin for $4 over the holidays. Works excellent on duffed discs, buffs out the scratches and then re-polishes. Looks like a heavy duty cd walkman w/ buffing/polishing heads(2X) instead of the laser pickup. Fixed a fooked XBox game and a purchased ex-rental, w/ excellent results.

all disks are visually perfect except for an obvious lighter cheaper dye on some, found some good R04 and ricohjpn, 1-2 yrs old scanning mid 90's

finally settled on a quick and dirty method of identifying problem disks, mid codes good don't keep testing,

if it's ritek G05's, don't bother testing, stick disk in LG to save. Prodisks test(they ranged from best to worst)

same with princo and cmc mag. Unfortunately dvdinfopro doesn't have a quick scan feature, this is good enought to identify bad disks in a matter of seconds not minutes. I am suspecting a Plex 708 as part of my problems. during the period of using the memorex brands I was burning on a pioneer 105 and the plex.

Most of my bad disks including a few verbatims were +R format, I can remember upgrading the plex's firmware a lot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.