new version

greyowl

hi everyone,

I just discovered ImgBurn this past week and actually haven't downloaded it yet. Read all the forums and it is clear that this is a superior burner. I'm not in urgent need for a burner immediately, so I'm wondering if i would be better off to wait for the new version when it is available: rather than downloading and installing the existing version and then having to uninstall it with a few weeks.

When the new version comes out is there often a period when bugs are found that require upgrades? In this case, would the app have to be uninstalled or just updated?

I am a novice at burning so will be relying on your help occassionally in the future and i will sure appreciate it.

I am also considering DeepBurner or InfraRecorder for multisession burning occassionally. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Which would be better, or do you have other recommendations?

hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum!

I just discovered ImgBurn this past week and actually haven't downloaded it yet. Read all the forums and it is clear that this is a superior burner. I'm not in urgent need for a burner immediately, so I'm wondering if i would be better off to wait for the new version when it is available: rather than downloading and installing the existing version and then having to uninstall it with a few weeks.

There is a learning curve with the program, I would suggest giving the current version a try and that way you can learn as you go. IB updates overlay the last edition, so removal/upgrade are seamless.

When the new version comes out is there often a period when bugs are found that require upgrades? In this case, would the app have to be uninstalled or just updated?

Bugs may well be found, but we try to clear all major ones before product release. The nice part about this program is that the developer and his team are online at almost all hours so help is never far away.

I am a novice at burning so will be relying on your help occassionally in the future and i will sure appreciate it.

That's the general idea!

I am also considering DeepBurner or InfraRecorder for multisession burning occassionally. Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Which would be better, or do you have other recommendations?

Wait and see what happens next with IB.

spinner

when you install Imgburn, it will give you the option to check for program updates as well. so you could use the current one as per spinners advice above , and change to the new version when its released and you feel confident using it.

Its not a big download anyway, less than 2 MB

the new version will look similar to the current version anyway( apart from new additions to it of coarse), so you will know your way round most of it anyway

InfraRecorder is supposed to be good if you wanted to try it.

Get ImgBurn now as well. No version I have ever had needs anything more than to just simply install over the top and never experienced any issues in doing it that way.

If you wanted to play it safe though, It's simply uninstall / install new version.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.