Burn Process Askew

Claire

Re: burning directly to disk. This has worked for me before, but now, when I calculate, instead of getting DVD+_R/RW, I keep getting CD-R/RW (even though the destination to the left says Phillips DVD+-). Earlier today I played a CD in this same drive -- which I do often since the CD drive isn't working. That hasn't messed things up before but could that be the problem now? And if so, how would I fix that?

Claire

Doesn't it say 'Min Req. Media' to the left of that?

i.e. for the amount you're currently trying to burn you need at least a CD-R/RW disc.

Add more and it'll change to say DVD, then HD DVD, then Blu-ray.

I was testing a very small clip -- to see if a new export process from my movie editor was working. Still, I'm not sure I understand your answer. Are you saying that a small clip of video could be burned to a CD? Or is it that ImgBurn just won't burn a small amount to a DVD?

In any case, I did try to go on with the burn and it failed. I should have written down the error message, but it's the end of a very long day wrestling with this export/import/burn issues and I'm totally zonked and not thinking clearly. I'll have to get back to this tomorrow.

Thanks,

Claire

I was testing a very small clip -- to see if a new export process from my movie editor was working. Still, I'm not sure I understand your answer. Are you saying that a small clip of video could be burned to a CD?

Yes, ImgBurn is saying you could burn that amount of data/video onto a CD. AFAIK, it looks at the amount that you are burning and makes a recommendation as to the minimum capacity disc that could hold that much (CD->single layer DVD->dual layer DVD->HD-DVD->BluRay DVD).

Or is it that ImgBurn just won't burn a small amount to a DVD?

It should. I occasionally do the same thing you are doing - create a small test video for trying out some new procedure or whatever, and burn it to a DVD. So far, even as small as a couple of 15-sec clips work fine.

Jim

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.