Trying to burn properly a 5.96 GB ISO

Puss

I'm trying to burn an almost 6 GB ISO (not a movie) to an Imation DVD+R DL (I read Verbatim are a better choice, but I'm stuck with those for now).

My drive is a BENQ DW1650 BCDC. I tried to burn the ISO with Nero first (as it allows multisession), but the disc got killed.

- Could I follow this guide:

http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

without messing with the layer break? Perhaps ImgBurn is likelier to be successful here? I did a simulation and it went fine.

- If I extract the files and try to burn them in a normal compilation in Nero (or Build Mode in ImgBurn), will I have the same layer break problem?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Puss

The layer break is really only associated with movie DVDs. It doesn't affect a normal data DVD. And yes, Verbatim disks will make life alot better.

EDIT: Update your firmware. Newest version is BCIC - ftp://ftp.benq-eu.com/dvd-rw/firmware/dw1650/dw1650_bcic.zip

The layer break is really only associated with movie DVDs. It doesn't affect a normal data DVD. And yes, Verbatim disks will make life alot better.

Only with movies? Then if I would have used a Verbatim disc, I actually could have burned the ISO?

Thanks for the link, but I tried BCIC a while ago and started to have problems when burning discs, so I had to downgrade.

Edited by Puss

ARGH! Tough luck, folks. I tried burning the ISO once more but to no avail. ImgBurn finished it, but the verification failed and when I tried to copy the data from the disc to the HD, an error message appears.

So, dispose of the Imations in a proper manner!

Regards

And...what would be a 'proper manner'?

They also make good bird chasers if hung about the garden, another use is target practice, frisbee imitators, drink coasters....ohhh the list is long and varied.... :whistling:

Imation don't make discs, they just stick their brand name on them.

The only decent DL dye is the MKM one and Verbatim are the only people who (can?) use it.

Right, I watched the DVD id info and it read "Ritek". Cool. Well, at least I'll try to salvage the cases, then.

Edited by Puss

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.