Pre-Gap Question for Audio CD

ron spencer

I noticed that the default for track one is a 0 pre-gap. The red book standard for CDs is mandatory for 2 seconds pre-gap before first track...for the rest 2 seconds is supposed to appear between tracks but people ignore it (up to end user). Does ImageBurn do the first 2 seconds in the background behind the scene on its own.

CD Architect puts the first 2 seconds before track one on its own and you cannot change it....should ImgBurn do this? Of course the user could do it....just wonderin'

Edited by ron spencer

Yup, it sure does.

2 second pregap before the first track in the session is done automatically, as is the 2 second gap between tracks of different sector modes. (you can't see the 1st track in session ones in the cue file but you can the other ones - if you look at it in notepad or whatever).

ok....thanks!!!

but it is a bit confusing....you can manually add a pre-gap for trck one in the dialog. So I added 2 seconds myself. If ImgBurn does this for you, should the pre-gap NOT be available for a user to enter for track one only? Or somewhere on that dialog page to tell user it is added, this way can still ensure lots of flexibility and permit additional pre-gap additions for track 1. Again this is for clairification as anal type like me look for this sort if thing. Or a user may simply add 2 seconds cause they red about the redbook specification. Just suggesting that it be made clearer. Perhaps underneath where it says "Pregap:" you could put in CAPS something to the effect of "TRACK 1 PRE-GAP OF 2 SECONDS AUTOMATICALLY ADDED"

again just a suggestion from humble old me!!!

nice...nice...nice proggy..... :-)

Edited by ron spencer

It's extra pregap...nothing to say somebody wouldn't want that!

The way I see it, I worry about the fixed stuff, you worry about the gaps YOU want on the disc. 99.9% of people wouldn't be thinking - Damn, I need to add a 2 second pregap to the first track to keep it inline with the redbook specs! :P

Ok so ImgBurn might be a bit different to what you're used to but that not really a bad thing is it? I like to break from the norm :)

It's also the kind of thing you do once and then remember (if you're smart enough to know your stuff in the first place). So at most you'll have an invisible extra 2 second gap at the start of the disc before you realise the fixed 2 second gap is put there automatically.

As I say, the 1st track pregaps are not part of the CUE file and so I don't think they really need acknowledging in the GUI. It's just more to confuse the newbie people.

When you load the CUE into write mode the 'Image Information' screen will give you the full breakdown anyway if people want to double check things.

hey no problem!!!! I am a bit wierd that way right?

In any case no issue for me to change my ways....your proggy so so much easier to use.

so thanks!!!

Now if only you could add the "sort by track metatag for mp3 import" from my other thread this wierdo would be purrrfect!!!! LOL :-)

enjoy.....

Edited by ron spencer

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.