Optimal Power Calibration and dual instances of IB

Sliztzan

Hello :)

I noticed that with the new version has OPC enabled by default. This wasn't enabled in the previous version, correct?

I have a Plextor 755 internal drive and the OPC is new to me, though now I know it's been around a long time. If this wasn't enabled in the old version of IB does that mean the Plextor drive didn't do that before burning? I just don't know if it was enabled and I've recently burned over 100 DVDs.

Also is it OK to run two instances of IB and burn two DL DVD at the same time? What about single layer? I've noticed that burning 1 doesn't use much processor activity.

Thanks for your help and also the new features of IB!!

Also is it OK to run two instances of IB and burn two DL DVD at the same time?

only if they are seperate sets of files on seperate hard drives and the burners are on seperate cables

that's the bottleneck that imgburn can't fix(drive I/O)

The OPC command sending wasn't in previous version at all.

Drives tend to do it automatically when you send the first 'Write' command, this just allows the program to pick up on problems that little bit earlier and there's less chance of it killing a disc in the first few seconds of writing.

The OPC command sending wasn't in previous version at all.

Drives tend to do it automatically when you send the first 'Write' command, this just allows the program to pick up on problems that little bit earlier and there's less chance of it killing a disc in the first few seconds of writing.

Ok, I understand. Great idea Lightning (along with the huge amount of others) :thumbup:

Also, I had read this new feature: "Added: When filling the buffer before a write operation, the program won't ever consider it full if the 'Cancel' window is open. This gives the user time to cancel the burn and prevent anything from being written to the disc."

It amazes me how much you know about burning discs and other system knowledge. I'm guessing many things are a combined effort from the beta testers and other kind folks also that help you with the final product, cuz I don't really know. Anyway, thanks again Chewy and Lightning!

Edited by Sliztzan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.