Turning off warnings...

Pain_Man

Is there anyway to disable the warning that IB gives me, in the log, that FAT32 drives can't handle files bigger than 4GBs? I already know this. And I have four USB drives connected to my rig; just tired of looking at the explanation points!!

Also, why does IB warn me when I have a certain piece of Antiguan software running and IB in read mode?!!

s there anyway to disable the warning that IB gives me, in the log, that FAT32 drives can't handle files bigger than 4GBs? I already know this. And I have four USB drives connected to my rig; just tired of looking at the explanation points!!

I really doubt this can be turned off as it only appears in the log.

Also, why does IB warn me when I have a certain piece of Antiguan software running and IB in read mode?!!

It's just a warning, as long as it's not running in verify mode you should be fine.

And, in addition to what LOCO wrote...before there warnings were made a part of the log, many, many users questioned why they had failures directly related to the subjects covered in the warnings...now they can see a specific warning and be guided accordingly. :thumbup:

Tools/Settings untick 'Maximum File Size' in the Display Warnings section and hit OK :thumbup:

As for the Antiguan piece of software, it could give you false miscompares at Verify stage after burning, so, have it disabled while not in Read mode :pirate2:

Is there anyway to disable the warning that IB gives me, in the log, that FAT32 drives can't handle files bigger than 4GBs? I already know this. And I have four USB drives connected to my rig; just tired of looking at the explanation points!!

Why use FAT32 anyway?

convert [drive]: /fs:ntfs

I use FAT32 in my USB drives because it's easier to access if there's a rig meltdown. All my internal drives are ntfs.

Why use FAT32 anyway?

convert [drive]: /fs:ntfs

I actually do turn it off.

Tho' I have, once or twice, written to DVD with it running. I figured that killing that, uh, Caribbean software in the middle of burn might have deleterious consequences. So I let it run. There were no problems.

Not that I want to risk any; so I make sure to kill before hitting "Burn".

Tools/Settings untick 'Maximum File Size' in the Display Warnings section and hit OK :thumbup:

As for the Antiguan piece of software, it could give you false miscompares at Verify stage after burning, so, have it disabled while not in Read mode :pirate2:

It's just that, to me, the 4GB limit in FAT32 is such basic knowledge it wouldn't occur to me that people would need to be warned. But not everyone has the same level of knowledge.

And, in addition to what LOCO wrote...before there warnings were made a part of the log, many, many users questioned why they had failures directly related to the subjects covered in the warnings...now they can see a specific warning and be guided accordingly. :thumbup:

I'm not sure that isn't wildly optimistic. :(

My brother's a programmer and many of my friends are computer literate.

99% of people wouldn't even know what FAT32 was if you hit them round the head with it.
http://forum.imgburn.com/style_images/1/fo...itch-editor.png

Switch between standard and rich text editor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.