verbatim media

schween

I bought a 50 pack of Ritek-s04-66(Memorex) DL media with a Plextor 800a last week. Didn't bother checking manufacturer's recommended media because I never had media problems with single layer on my Plextor 712a. Big mistake. Went 0 for 5 using my old tried and true software then stumbled on ImgBurn and this forum. My first burn with ImgBurn was a keeper. Followed this with 3 more losers. I'd assume the main problem is with the layer break since failure would happen at the half-way point of burn. Bought 15 pack Verbatim 8x and am 1 for 1. I want to thank everyone here for their helpful posts, especially LIGHTNING UK!. Oh, and of course thanks to ImgBurn which is a slick piece of software.

You got any log files from the ritek burns as I have some of these and they are not actually the worst dual layers you could have bought they are just a bit fussy in which writer they work in and the write speed selected. I would like to see the log so I can comment on the possibility of getting the rest of them to write and verify OK for you so you do not have to bin them.

You did the right thing in getting the Verbatim though as long as they are Singapore or at least a good batch from MII

I have used just about any Cd-r to hand out of thousands and only a handful have been failures.

Hard to say which is best but I have never been a fan of verbatim Cd-r media. Not that they fail anymore than others. I suppose/presume Taiyo Yuden Cd-r will be top notch.

Funny you say that. Until I finally joined the 21st century and bought an MP3 player :) I was burning podcasts to CDs. The only time I remember having any a significant number of coasters was from a 100-pk of Verbs. There were about 10 right in the middle of the stack that wouldn't burn. I thought it odd, since I've had 100% success with the Verbatim DVDs (thanks to you guys). But different technology, so :unknown:

My 2 cents. Back to lurking (and enjoying using ImgBurn :thumbup: )

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.