best way to copy a data disc??

thezman

i make a lot of disks with misc things on them like say pictures of our daughter we want to mail to family etc...or i have a band and we record at times and i want to send copies to family and or freinds..

can i do a direct 1:1 copy if i have 2 drives? and what about 1:1 audio cd's that we make??

and how does it work if there is one drive like say on a laptop.. i make a img first then find the img and re-burn it correct? will imgburn delete the file after its been used like nero did (does it cache it i guess is what i mean)? still learning everything this can do.

thanks in advance

You need to read the source disc first to create an image and then write the image. So direct copy - no.

You decide if you want to delete the created image or not during the burning - just enable the option in the Write mode window (or change it in the settings and the option will be pre checked every time you burn.

:)

ok i do see the add to write option but if there are 2 drives will i have to manually click start after its done or is there setting to start the write automatically? and i do see the delete image after box also. thanks

Yes you'll have to manually click start.

There is no 'disc to disc' option in ImgBurn.

If you want, write a simple batch file to make the program read the disc to an image and then write it.

i.e.

ImgBurn.exe /MODE READ /SRC D: /DEST "C:\Image.iso" /START /CLOSE
ImgBurn.exe /MODE WRITE /SRC "C:\Image.iso" /DEST E: /START /CLOSE

Job done :)

If you want, write a simple batch file to make the program read the disc to an image and then write it.

i.e.

i think still cant believe this has so many options!!!

perfect. thanks. the answer i was hoping for.

i.e.

i think still cant believe this has so many options!!!

perfect. thanks. the answer i was hoping for.

that works great just tried it. thanks... now to play with some of the command line stuff..

LUK, since you didn't finish that sentence with "yet," let me ask a quick question. Have you given up on adding this function to the program? I had thought that based upon a reply from you in THIS thread, that you were going to do this at some point. I'm hoping that you just haven't gotten to it yet, and not that you decided not to do it after all.

p.s. thanks for the tip on the batch file to do roughly the equivalent :thumbup:

it would be awesome to have it but imo just as easy the way it is now that i know the program better, man i cant say thank you enough for making something like this.. i can say this program has got a heck of a work out that last few days. thanks again!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.