Read iso/udf disc, burn as udf only

simonh

Hi all, and thanks LUK for the great new version :)

I have a load of dvd-r's burnt with imgburn, using iso9660 and udf 1.02 filesystems. I'd like to read these using imgburn and then burn them on to dvd+r as UDF 1.50 only. I have tried reading as iso but no option is given for how to burn the new file. Would I have better luck using .img/.bin?

Failing that, would there be any problem burning on to dvd+r with the original filesystems? I seem to remember people had bother with dvd-rom booktyped +r's that had both the above filesystems on a disc.

Many thanks.

The Read mode copies the disc as it is (i.e. you can't change stuff). To do what you want it's easier to copy the contents of your DVDs to your computer, then use ImgBurn in Build mode to burn them back to discs. May I ask why you need UDF 1.50 only?

Thanks mmalves. I thought that dvd-rom booktyped dvd+r's behaved better when using udf only. If that is not the case then reading as .iso, and then burning would be far easier for me.

These discs will only be used as backups of my dvd-r's, and only read on a computer.

If I can just read to iso/img/bin, that would be great.

Edit: No particular reason for UDF 1.50, thought that might be better than 1.02

Edited by simonh

You'd think so, but no. All DVD players use what is called MicroUDF 1.02, a subset of v1.02. Just use read mode to make an ISO and write mode to burn to disc.

Regards

Thanks blutach. Read and write it is then. One more question: does reading to .img/.bin offer any advantages over reading to .iso?

thanks

Edit: LUK, These files are all avi's, flac's, mp3's. No dvd video. Does that make a difference?

Edited by simonh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.