New Build?

weisborg

Shortly after the release of the latest build there were a couple threads I seem to remember seeing concerning OS Boot CD/DVDs having issues...maybe even something about file sorting mixed in there, and issues with that warning box that comes up concerning them and even some improvements on it with screenshots. Then some kind of UDF error (possibly only the new versions, etc). There was a comment about having a fix out by the weekend (This was right after the build released), then most of the threads seemed to have moved focus to Power Calibration and How to Pirate Smash Bros...and a few of the normal media stuff with write errors and DL stuff.

I was just curious what the status is on everything. I ended up going back to the previous version because the majority of what I burn are OS DVDs with all SPs and Patches slipstreamed and an App I created that will install whatever Office Version I want, Recovery Console, Latest Direct X, FireFox/Thunderbird, Java Stuff, .Net, Reg tweaks, etc. And, various Home Video to DVD projects and such. I wanted to try out the new version because there was a DVD Video fix for some UDF issue with a few players and the Optimise Files was fixed, plus other options like File Sorting and such. If there is an issue remaining with OS discs though, what are they? And, what are workarounds if any?

Also, is there a build with the little stuff like this fixed, or is it waiting on other issues that have been coming up? No rush or anything, I'm just wondering about everything. I know how it is developing stuff. I develop myself and have Beta tested my apps, Win2K, ZoneAlarm, various Magix software, PowerBASIC, and Cyberlink PowerDVD. I know how important it is to have a good build and how much it sucks to have beta tested it to death only to miss the simplest bug on release day. Sometimes it is good to put a quick fix out for small things that effect most of the users...I just didn't know where everything stood or if it was nothing to worry about.

Edited by weisborg

ImgBurn is always work in progress and I never release anything until I'm at least happy with my side of things - i.e. the implementation.

If I start something (which I always do!), I need to finish it before there's a public release.

I don't have development tree's, branches, forks or whatever people like to call them, so unless the fix is the first thing I do I can't really just put out a new release.

Yes everyone has been waiting for me to finish other bits. I put out a new beta lastnight and so far so good, so maybe (just maybe!) it'll be the last one I need to do.

Cool. Keep up the good work. Tax Refund wasn't as good as expected, but my donation will be on the way soon...Nero is pretty much useless to me any more, and even less after I put them in their place on their forum for how stupid they were to force paying customers to download spyware with their installs and leave Ver 7 with bugs and going right to 8. I know everyone always asks, but if you ever need any help testing, I'm just an email/message away. One thing great is that you listen to the people and if things are reasonable you make it happen. I reported an issue to the ZoneAlarm folks for 2 years and they never fixed it. Their options to block HTTP Headers and such that identify and their cookie protection both block LastModified times in HTTP Headers and effectively make browser cache useless because it requests all page data from the site all the time since it doesn't know if it is changed (And in some cases didn't even block what it was intended to)...not to mention after fully testing the thing I found that it only blocked the tests and not the actual attacks so they looked good on paper.

Edited by weisborg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.