Burned DVD will not work on DVD player

kikikut22

The DVD burns successfully, but does not work on my non-computer DVD player. Is it the DVDs that I'm using (they are Great Quality DVD-Rs) or what? Here is the log file:

I 17:38:08 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!

I 17:38:08 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 17:38:08 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,784 KB - Available: 1,045,356 KB

I 17:38:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:38:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:38:09 Found 1 DVD

I 18:05:15 Source Media Type: DVD-R (Book Type: DVD-R) (Disc ID: ISSM R02) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

Get some decent media - Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden.

Regards

Cynthia, I have tried it on 2 different DVD players: a Magnavox TV/DVD/VHS combo and a Sony DVD/VHS unit. I am doubting it has to do with the player and more to do with the actual FILES I am burning. Like, other DVDs I have burned with programs like Windows DVD Maker work on both players (using same DVD-Rs). The difference is that after burning with ImgBurn, the files appear to be different than after burning with Windows DVD Maker.

Just to be sure that the burned disc is ok. If you open up the disc in Windows Explorer - does it looks so here in the file structure

AUDIO_TS

VIDEO_TS

The first map is empty and the other one is filled with .ifo/.bup/.vob files? Like this one:

neroburns.jpg

Cynthia,

I burned it again (using DVD Flick first to convert from .avi so that ImgBurn could then burn it to a DVD-R) and I think I took off a file and POSSIBLY changed something else. Anyway, it worked on my DVD player this time, so that's good. This is the one that worked:

post-11277-1206251655_thumb.jpg

...and this is the one that didn't work:

post-11277-1206251893_thumb.jpg

(I'm proud of myself because this is the first time I used the "Prt Scr" button)

Now that I think about it, the files must have been too big for the DVD-R I was using. Well, thank you for your help. I appreciate it! :)

The last screen shot also looks ok. At least all the files that should be there are there. (Assuming that it was 7 avi clips from the start and none was deleted after that Flick was done.)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.